Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Melt and pour soap

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
We are making soap in the shape of seashells as part of our wedding favors. I literally know nothing about making soap though. Does anyone know anything about the melt and pour method?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mattiehatter
by Mary on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:42 AM
I think it's done with glycerin bars. I have a few pins in it, but that's about it. Congrats!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:44 AM

google. pinterest. youtube.

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:44 AM
It's really easy and hard to mess up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:51 AM
It's really easy and fun! I do it with my oldest all the time.

Get a measuring cup, the glass kind with a pour spout. It will make things so easy!

You can microwave it, or double boil it. To microwave, put a few blocks in at a time and go in batches. Warm it in 10-15 second intervals to prevent it from boiling and splattering. Add colors and scents after it is melted.

Get a small spray bottle with rubbing alcohol. Spray it on the molds after its all poured. It will help get rid of bubbles.

You can use shavings of crayons for color. Or the stuff you get where you got the soap. For scents you can use the soap stuff or essential oils. They have pearlescent powders too.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'd be happy to answer them!
mattiehatter
by Mary on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:52 AM
Ooooohhhhh the pearlescent would be really lovely with the seashells.

Quoting Anonymous 3: It's really easy and fun! I do it with my oldest all the time.

Get a measuring cup, the glass kind with a pour spout. It will make things so easy!

You can microwave it, or double boil it. To microwave, put a few blocks in at a time and go in batches. Warm it in 10-15 second intervals to prevent it from boiling and splattering. Add colors and scents after it is melted.

Get a small spray bottle with rubbing alcohol. Spray it on the molds after its all poured. It will help get rid of bubbles.

You can use shavings of crayons for color. Or the stuff you get where you got the soap. For scents you can use the soap stuff or essential oils. They have pearlescent powders too.

brooklynchic151
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:54 AM
Just buy them. Lol. Why do something. You have no idea about. Isent that just more added stress.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:57 AM
I obviously need more coffee. I read it as 'melt and pour soup'. I'm sitting here thinking, wtf is that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:58 AM
YouTube is your new best friend lol.

Ypu can and will find tons of videos for step by step and list of ingredients needed. There's reviews as well if you want to know what brands to use.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:58 AM
Is there a place you recommend getting the soap base? I was going to get it from amazon, also do you have a type you recommend? I found clear glycerine, olive oil, Shea butter, honey.

Quoting Anonymous 3: It's really easy and fun! I do it with my oldest all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)