Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will he get paid this week?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My XH was out of work a month. He ended up going back to his old job on Aug 8th.

They pay every Thursday. I knew he wouldn't get a check last week, because they hold back a week.

But he should get a check this week, right?

He owes me child support. Plus reimbursement from medical expenses that occurred over the past 2 months, (he's suppose to pay half) including glasses for DS. If you have a child that wears glasses you know they are not cheap!!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:09 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:20 AM
Que bitchy SM calling me money hungry.

The of course the CM Goddesses stating the obvious "you should ask him."

Obviously I have asked him and he's evading the question.

I don't trust him enough to get a truthful answer
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:23 AM
I would think he would get a check but at least here, the garnishment may not go through that quickly if you're waiting on that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:29 AM
His wages aren't garnished. He has begged me for years to not have his wages garnished. He pays me directly.

There IS a court order, but we just haven't gone through child support recovery.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I would think he would get a check but at least here, the garnishment may not go through that quickly if you're waiting on that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM
I would assume that he would get paid this week yes. If you don't see anything, maybe you should go to court for back pay. By your previous response it sounds like he might be trying to avoid paying you?

WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM
If he's always paid then I would cut him some slack.

If he hasn't then you already know that, and shouldn't be depending on it.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:38 AM
I would assume he will get paid today & that he will say he didn't. He's probably broke if he's been out of work that long.

Quoting Anonymous 1: His wages aren't garnished. He has begged me for years to not have his wages garnished. He pays me directly.

There IS a court order, but we just haven't gone through child support recovery.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I would think he would get a check but at least here, the garnishment may not go through that quickly if you're waiting on that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
FYI you can get prescription glasses at zenni.com for a very decent price. Doesn't solve any cs issue but it helps with the costs!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:47 AM

I don't know honestly
I get paid every other week...(so different than your husband)
when I get my paycheck I'm already a week into the NEW pay period (my pay period ends one thursday and I get paid the nex)

Even if he gets paid weekly thats probably how it works as well...he gets paid every thursday for the week prior

So this thursday would be for the first 4 days he worked, which is the week they would hold
Next thursday he would get his check that ends today

does that make any sense?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:48 AM

oh and also...if he's avoiding the question of getting paid...even if he DOES get a paycheck today you probably won't see any money from it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)