Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
DD is a junior this year.

When she was in 8th grade she took, passed, and received credit for Spanish 1.

As a freshman, she took Spanish 2, passed, and received credit for it. Different school district, but her brother did the exact same thing.

So as a sophomore, she took ASL 1, passed it, got the credit.

This year, her junior year, she was put in ASL 2. She likes the class, but was told the reason is because her Spanish 1 credit didn't transfer two years ago and she has to have two years of a foreign language.

Not a problem that she is in ASL 2, however, she wants the credit she earned and the obviously recognized as an eighth grader.

She COULD have had the option to take a different college course for this semester, OR she could have two years of two different languages to put on her college resume and for her transcript.

So I called the middle school. The lady went through it all with me on there phone, YES the credit is there! So I called the high school. No answer left a message.

Would you just go get the print out in a sealed envelope and hand deliver it to the high school? I don't get why there is so much confusion.

And her brother also attended the same middle and high school that she is and earned Spanish 1 during 8th grade and it transferred just fine.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:17 AM
Bump
dedhed
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:20 AM

I would wait and talk to someone at the HS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)