Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She still has my son tablet

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
About a month and a half ago my son friend broke ds tablet. I told his mom she said when she got the money she would replace it. I told her if it was cheaper to just repair the screen then that would be Ok as well.

Last week she came and got the tablet to take it to see how much it would cost. She did text me and tell me it would cost $75. And that's it. I haven't heard back about his tablet.i don't know if what she is doing. I am thinking about calling and asking because she's had it over a week now and hasn't told me anything. I gave her time to repair or replace it but ds is going on 2 months without being able to use his tablet.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:22 AM
Yep. Ask her if there's an update on the tablet because you need it back ASAP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:22 AM
Call. She might just have forgotten about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:23 AM
I would text her from now on regarding this. That way you have everything in writing. Be specific. Text her today. If you let it go longer it could be viewed that you really weren't concerned about it.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:24 AM
TELL her you need it back.

You may have to write off the cost of fixing or replacing it. Doesn't sound like she is going to fix it...whether she has no money to or is just too lazy.

Unless she brings it back repaired, I would just consider it an expensive lesson. Similar thing happened with my daughter's tablet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:25 AM
I'll tell you this her son is Never spending the night again he was a total terror

Quoting iamcafemom83: TELL her you need it back.

You may have to write off the cost of fixing or replacing it. Doesn't sound like she is going to fix it...whether she has no money to or is just too lazy.

Unless she brings it back repaired, I would just consider it an expensive lesson. Similar thing happened with my daughter's tablet.
Prdmmyof678
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:27 AM
Is it cheaper to fix or to replace??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:30 AM
To fix it

Quoting Prdmmyof678: Is it cheaper to fix or to replace??
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:30 AM
Oh man!! That's the WORST.
Maybe write off more than the tablet lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'll tell you this her son is Never spending the night again he was a total terror

Quoting iamcafemom83: TELL her you need it back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM
That's why when other kids come over the tablets go up. I trust my kids and the bulk won't break our stuff but I'm not willing to find out either. Hopefully she follows through I'm sorry your kid had to suffer because of some asshole
Dardenella
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM

Call and ask

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)