• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our Mayor Is A Wife Beater

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
His wife finally started calling the 911 after years of him beating on her and telling her to hide it. I've known him and his wife for a long time and this isn't anything new. Well he is making public statements basically denying everything and telling people to let them handle their issues privately.

Anyway, for at least 30 years our newspaper has published police logs that let people know when the police are called, what they were called for, and the neighborhood. This stopped happening after his wife started calling the emergency line and the police have been refusing to release them. They are using victim privacy as a reason why but the reality is that the mayor doesn't want evidence of his abuse to be in the paper. There have been multiple calls since they stopped publishing it and it took months of calls for him to finally be arrested.

He has had our police department wrapped around his finger for a long time so he's avoided being arrested even though this isn't the first time it was brought to their attention. He's fighting a pfa she is filing and I hope that for once he loses and she can actually get some protection.

Tldr: our mayor is a woman beating, corrupt, dickhead and I doubt anything will happen to him even though people who know them personally, know he has had his wife scared for years.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama8080
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:24 AM
Our mayor is an alcoholic.

I think some moral depravity is a prerequisite for the job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:25 AM

I don't know how you go about throwing him out of office (recall? impeachment?), but there is no place in the chain of command for the police for a domestic abuser. 

mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:27 AM
If we were friends or knew them. Dh would have been beating him every time he put his hand on her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

He needs to be recorded and the video needs to be leaked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:28 AM
I think only screwed up people run for these types of positions. It would be nice to have normal person hold a position of power but it would probably corrupt them

Quoting Mama8080: Our mayor is an alcoholic.

I think some moral depravity is a prerequisite for the job.
MeAndTommyLee
by Angie on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM
So Ray Rice a freakin' football player was fired from a sport for hitting his wife and we have no protocol for getting rid of government officials for the same crime? He presumably should be held to a higher standard in upholding the law than a sports figure. Smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:33 AM
A fast moving chunk of lead to his forehead would fix all of that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:37 AM
I doubt anything will happen and he will probably even end up reelected because people in this city just go with what's comfortable ignoring that he is a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I don't know how you go about throwing him out of office (recall? impeachment?), but there is no place in the chain of command for the police for a domestic abuser. 

mrsary
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:39 AM
Best idea ever! OP suggest this to the wife!

Quoting Anonymous 3:

He needs to be recorded and the video needs to be leaked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:39 AM
Your husband sounds like a hero. Wish yall had been my friends.

Quoting mischele: If we were friends or knew them. Dh would have been beating him every time he put his hand on her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)