Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of this new baby product?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:29 AM
  • 28 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

the beneficial properties of the womb we developed the optimal conditions to sooth and promote healthy development for babies. There are no dangerous hinges or electronics, just an ergonomic design that naturally replicates your embrace.

Reduce Environmental Factors Associated with SIDS: By using a natural, breathable, flexible, mesh we have designed our system to promote a healthy environment, regardless of a baby’s movement or positioning.
An Easier Transition: Infancy is stressful. The first few months of a baby’s life are a major transition and growth period. So much so it’s often referred to as the "fourth trimester." Newborns are still very much adjusting to life outside the womb. Crescent Womb is designed to ease the transition from being in the womb to being in the world.

To help them cope we re-created a womb-like environment. Supporting them with a soothing, familiar environment will also help soothe a colicky baby. By supporting the baby just like the mother’s womb it creates the safest place outside of a parent’s arms.

Reduce Risk of Flat Head Syndrome (Plagiocephaly): Positional Plagiocephaly (aka Flathead Syndrome) can result from sleeping in a stationary position on a flat, firm mattress. Traditional baby mattresses but your new born at risk.

Maintain a Healthy Spinal Curve: Healthy spine development is dependent on what is known as the “C Curve”. Traditional cradles force infants to lay flat. Laying your infant flat on their back stretches the c-curved spine into a straight line, against their natural shape. Research shows that keeping an infant’s spine straight can be detrimental. Research backed by the American Academy of Pediatrics states that “with prolonged sleep on a firm mattress can produce positional disorders and infants with decreased muscle tone (Short, 1996)”.

Reduces Startle Reflex: The startle or “moro” reflex is a natural reflex for babies during early infancy. While this reflex is common some babies can startle themselves awake during sleep. Crescent Womb™ can help newborns self-sooth and prevent them from waking up due to the unique shape and function. As a result, you can expect a more restful sleep for both baby and parent.

Create an Ideal Micro-climate: Because of the permeated mesh and the elimination of mattress pads or heavy bedding maintaining a healthy body temperature is a breeze, no pun intended. Crescent Womb significantly reduces the risk of overheating, which is something we don’t take lightly since over heating is a huge contributor to SIDS.

Incredibly Versatile: Crescent Womb is the first ever infant sleeper that you can truly take anywhere. Folding up to the size of the average baby blanket and weighing about the same, Crescent Womb® is perfect to travel with for new families. Being able to travel with your Crescent Womb means that your baby will have a consistent sleeping pattern, regardless of where your travels take you. Crescent Womb can also help babies suffering from reflux. By properly adjusting the straps on the “foot” end to lower to about a 30 degree angle Crescent Womb can safely assist in relief of infant reflux.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1727087541/crescent-womb-infant-safety-bed/description
----------
I'm not one to fall for every gimmick but it actually sounds pretty neat.
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:30 AM
I'm torn. Seems great, but I'm the one who worries what happens if part of it gives way lol
HEELSandDIAPERS
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Quoting ninjakids: I'm torn. Seems great, but I'm the one who worries what happens if part of it gives way lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM

It looks comfortable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM
I think I want one for myself.
Mama8080
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM
I like it!
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM
It seems way overpriced. I'd also be worried about the head slumping down and cutting off the airway.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM
I've seen this story floating around.

Looks like a positional asphyxiation hazard.

Plus.....it will be another transition switching back to the mattress after using this.

But I do appreciate the inventiveness
paigea
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:33 AM

Kind of reminds me of hammocks I've seen in the homes of some First Nations' friends.  They seemed to like those.

futuremrsclark
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:33 AM
This exactly

Quoting ninjakids: I'm torn. Seems great, but I'm the one who worries what happens if part of it gives way lol
halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:33 AM
They say sleeping in a hammock is the best thing for you case it keeps your spine limber etc.

I can see how it would benefit babys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)