• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We finally caved...

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM
  • 13 Replies

And let my three year old get her ears pierced. Well, almost three, her birthday is in two weeks. She has been wanting earrings since she could talk. We agreed that when she turned three if she still wanted them, she could have them. I'm very pregnant and am due any day now, so we knew that when her actual birthday came we would be pretty busy and might not be able to give her ears the proper first couple of weeks care, so we let her do it a little early. She loves them.

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama8080
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:34 AM
She looks way older than 3!

Did she cry?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:36 AM

she looks older than three.

we waited until the girls were old enough to decide on their own

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:38 AM
Oh look at that gorgeous hair!!! Congrats and early happy birthday to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:39 AM
Aww!
My 6 year old asks for them occasionally but has yet to go through with it, lol.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:39 AM

She has a slim build and she doesn't have the three year old chub, so I can understand how you would think that, but if you could see her size and face, she definately looks like a three year old. No, she winced, but didn't cry.

Quoting Mama8080: She looks way older than 3! Did she cry?

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:41 AM

She has a slim build, no baby fat, so I understand how you would think that, but if you could see her face and size you would be able to see that she is three. We waited until she was old enough to decide on her own.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

she looks older than three.

we waited until the girls were old enough to decide on their own

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Thanks! She has my husband and mother in law's hair, but a little lighter, probably because I'm blonde. 

Quoting littlesippycup: Oh look at that gorgeous hair!!! Congrats and early happy birthday to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

What happened to her face? There's a giant black hole! How can she see or eat?

Jojobug13
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:49 AM
I keep trying to talk my 8 yr old into getting hers done but she absolutely refuses. Lol. She's chicken.
LoveMyJJJ
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:12 PM

When my daughters were little I wanted to get their ears pierced, but he was against the idea unless they were old enough to ask for it. I was cool with that idea, and that's what we did. I think they were around 8 and 6 or so when we ended up taking them, also early b'day presents, because they both decided it was something they wanted.

Your dd looks good with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)