Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For anyone who has sold their home?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
We put our house on the market 2 weeks ago and have had only 4 showings. Does that sound right? My agent said it's fine bc we live a ways out of town. The feedback did say they were not sure they wanted the location. Should be drop the price? We already listed $10,000 below what the agent suggested.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:35 AM
Kinda sounds like your agent isn't doing a good job advertising it.

When we sold our first house we were about 45 minutes outside of downtown. During the first few weeks we had one open house and a couple short notice showings. We were able to sell her house within a month.
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:37 AM

That seems normal.  A lot of it depends on where you live.  Some areas get showings like the day you put it up... other areas can go weeks, if not months and get maybe one showing.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:39 AM
Sounds about right. If the location isn't the greatest, you're kind of going to have to wait for just the right person to come along. I don't think I would lower it this quickly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:41 AM

Quoting NiamhWitch:

That seems normal.  A lot of it depends on where you live.  Some areas get showings like the day you put it up... other areas can go weeks, if not months and get maybe one showing.

Amy_M
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:42 AM

It's only been two weeks.  If people aren't interested they aren't interested.  Wait it out a little longer before lowering the price.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:42 AM

depends on your area.

around here.. houses take up to a year to sell. 4 showings in 2 weeks would be really good here.................. unless it's my house. I think I would generate a lot of traffic just because people are nosey and want to check it out, not to buy it.

I wouldn't drop the price two weeks after listing...................... unless you are desparate to get out.

Maybe try some better staging and be sure the agent is bringing in qualified buyers.

Hopnpop
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:43 AM

Yup, this.

Quoting NiamhWitch:

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Are you doing open houses?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:45 AM
He said he doesn't do open houses.

Quoting lovemymini: Kinda sounds like your agent isn't doing a good job advertising it.

When we sold our first house we were about 45 minutes outside of downtown. During the first few weeks we had one open house and a couple short notice showings. We were able to sell her house within a month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:45 AM
No agent said they are a waste and usual never actually bring in a buyer.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Are you doing open houses?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)