Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much cash

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Do you think is a good idea to have on hand?

I would say $500.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
morgiefae
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:39 AM

I rarely use cash, today i have a dollar and some change in my purse, but I have $50 in cash at home. bank accounts/debit cards, we have more then the $500... until I finish paying bills today ;)

paigea
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:40 AM

That would be a good amount to have some where safe,  I don't want that amount in my purse though.  And in reality I generally have less than $100 on hand

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I have exactly 42 cents, so I guess that's my answer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:42 AM

I rarely keep more than $40 on me while I'm out and about. We keep a few hundred in a safe at home, but I would never carry that much money with me. DH can't at his job and I just don't use cash that much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:43 AM
On me, a few hundred. In the house for emergencies, $2000.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:43 AM
I like to have between $200-500. Unfortunately we made a big purchase the other day, I haven't been to the bank, and only have like $5 on me. Lol
KTU
by Kim on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:45 AM

I usually carry about $40 with me. Anything I purchase larger can be put on the debit card.

AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I like to keep between $40 and $60 in cash with me, because I pay for gas with cash (unless the credit price is the same as cash).  I have another maybe $60 in a drawer to replenish my wallet when I need to.  And I have $1000 in cash someplace nobody will find it.  I keep that much cash in the house because I can usually avoid paying tax if I pay certain places with cash.  Saving 7% in taxes is a much better return than I can get by keeping the money in a checking account at less than 1%.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)