Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He chases deer!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I live in an area full of deer and other wildlife, including predators like grizzly and cougars. The properties are big at around 20 acres. We have recently had a few neighbors complain that my dog, lab mix, chases the deer. He leaves the turkeys alone, he just likes to chase deer. The neighbors want to sit on their porch and watch the deer on my property but my dog chases them off. I have gardens and don't mind him chasing the deer off.

What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:48 AM

It's your property, if you're ok with your dog chasing deer, then let him chase the deer.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:52 AM

That's illegal in a lot of states and some will shoot a dog if they see them chasing down deer. Land owners and game wardens are legally allowed to kill any dog they see running down a deer in many states. Want to chase them out of your specific garden, okay, but in general I would not let him chase them. Especially if multiple neighbors are bothered by it.

pinkcsmtlgy
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:56 AM
As long as your dog is staying on your property is so no problem. But at least where I live, the moment your dog goes on anothers property chasing deer it's illegal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:16 AM
My dog chases deer and turkey 😂

He got chased by a turkey tho and now he's terrified of them 😂

As long as he's on your land I see no issue with it just make sure to always keep a eye because recently near me cops have gotten the idea they can shoot pets even while they are on their own land...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)