Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you feel about this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
How would you feel if your kids' dad who only has summer and every other Christmas with his kids decided to take a lower paying job to have more "family time" with his new live in gf and her kids? How would you feel seeing pics of him and her and her kids doing special things every wrekend? A day at the beach, a trip to the water park, camping, rising tiller coasters, at the zoo. But when ever your kids are with him for visitation they never go anywhere any more because they don't have a big enough vehicle to transport everyone? How about if he used to send care packages to your kids all the time and would even plan surprise weekend visits here and there where he would stay at a hotel and take the kids swimming and out all weekend but now he never does either because he can't afford to and because he doesnt want to leave his brand new family on the weekends? How about if he bought his new teenage son a car and and his new daughter a full wardrobe for school but refuses to send a dime extra beyond his CS to help cover school supplies and clothes for your kids?

I know there's nothing I can do to change anything. I am just feeling very down and sad for my kids. My daughter was in tears this morning because her bday is next weekend and she just found out her dad won't be flying out to see her for her bday like he always did before his gf come along because he just bought "her brother" (ad HE calls her son) a car and he can't afford the plane ticket right now.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:57 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:59 AM
I wouldn't feel anything. His life, not mine. He can choose to do whatever with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:01 AM
It wouldn't break your heart knowing how much your kids were hurting?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't feel anything. His life, not mine. He can choose to do whatever with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:04 AM
They aren't entitled. It wouldn't break their hearts. So, nope.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It wouldn't break your heart knowing how much your kids were hurting?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't feel anything. His life, not mine. He can choose to do whatever with it.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:05 AM
4 moms liked this

You can feel however you want to but you need to keep a stiff upper lip and adopt a neutral demeanor towards him for your kids. They do NOT need to hear you be negative about him.

What they DO need is for you to be a source of emotional support for them and to remind that they ARE worth it, and that his poor adult choices have nothing to do with them, that they ARE loved, important, special, and mean so much to YOU and that you realize and understand how sad and rejected they feel right now.

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:06 AM

Exactly.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

You can feel however you want to but you need to keep a stiff upper lip and adopt a neutral demeanor towards him for your kids. They do NOT need to hear you be negative about him.

What they DO need is for you to be a source of emotional support for them and to remind that they ARE worth it, and that his poor adult choices have nothing to do with them, that they ARE loved, important, special, and mean so much to YOU and that you realize and understand how sad and rejected they feel right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM
They aren't entitles to have a FATHER? They aren't entitled to the man that FATHERED them to actually be a FATHER to them? Wtf? You have to be a troll.

Quoting Anonymous 2: They aren't entitled. It wouldn't break their hearts. So, nope.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It wouldn't break your heart knowing how much your kids were hurting?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM
I would try to hide it from my kids.
It would be very hard for them to see that.

Hugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:08 AM
This is what I am trying to do. My kids are suffering so much. I'm trying to be strong for them and make sure they know that they DO matter regardless of how he treats them.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:09 AM
I ended up blocking him from my daughyer's Facebook so she doesn't have to see the pictures every time she signs on.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I would try to hide it from my kids.
It would be very hard for them to see that.

Hugs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)