Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, let's talk about

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:51 AM
  • 32 Replies
Boobs. I'm getting a reduction in a few weeks. From the ones who have had it what was your recovery like? My surgeon went over some of the details and how my procedure will go. I know recovery varies but I'm just looking for an estimate from people so I can make some arrangements. :)
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

No experience (yet) but here's a bump, because I'm interested.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:55 AM
BOOBS!?!?!
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:56 AM
Thanks! I'm pretty excited to finally get it done! so ready for no more back pain and as silly as it sounds to be able to RUN and not have to wear 3 bras to the gym ๐Ÿ˜

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:59 AM

Right? Plus wearing pretty shirts in different styles and not looking like a balloon (that's how I feel anyway). I would be super excited too. How much is it going to cost you?

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: Thanks! I'm pretty excited to finally get it done! so ready for no more back pain and as silly as it sounds to be able to RUN and not have to wear 3 bras to the gym ๐Ÿ˜
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Only about $2,000! My insurance covers part of the cost.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Right? Plus wearing pretty shirts in different styles and not looking like a balloon (that's how I feel anyway). I would be super excited too. How much is it going to cost you?

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: Thanks! I'm pretty excited to finally get it done! so ready for no more back pain and as silly as it sounds to be able to RUN and not have to wear 3 bras to the gym ๐Ÿ˜

Quoting Anonymous 1:

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:01 AM
I'll gladly take any BOOBS nobody wants๐Ÿ˜š
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:02 AM
I'll ship you mine! He is taking off plenty to go around๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰

Quoting blsdbyangel07: I'll gladly take any BOOBS nobody wants๐Ÿ˜š
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Wonder if I should do before and after pics๐Ÿค” Wearing a bra of course lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:04 AM
I had mine done two years to the day! My recovery was okay. I was sent home the same day. The first two nights I was able to sleep on my stomach and had no pain. But then the pain started to kick in. So I spent about two or three weeks sleeping on my couch because I was always tossing and turning and crying in pain so I didn't wanna wake the kids.

But I love it. I get cute bras now and can go into Walmart and not try in 20 bras!

Oh and your confidence will sky rocket!!
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM
He said since it is done at the hospital it is an overnight stay...kinda sucks but it is what it is. Can you tell me about your incision? I'm getting the reduction and lift as well as the side area done. So I will have a little longer cut under, also how long was it until you felt comfortable enough to wear regular bras?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had mine done two years to the day! My recovery was okay. I was sent home the same day. The first two nights I was able to sleep on my stomach and had no pain. But then the pain started to kick in. So I spent about two or three weeks sleeping on my couch because I was always tossing and turning and crying in pain so I didn't wanna wake the kids.

But I love it. I get cute bras now and can go into Walmart and not try in 20 bras!

Oh and your confidence will sky rocket!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)