Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does the next woman get the good guy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
My ex husband beat me regularly, cheated, then abandoned us. He is now a good father to his baby with his newest wife. Why did she get the good guy and I got the abuser? He was early thirties when I married him, now he is late thirties. I don't want him back, just jealous he loves this woman and their kid the way he was supposed to love me and our children.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:13 AM
11 moms liked this
Nah... he beats her ass too. Or he will eventually, he's NOT suddenly a good guy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:13 AM
3 moms liked this

Well, consider that he might not be a totally changed man, just suppressing his urges for now. And if he is a changed man, that means he learned and grew and moved on...time for you to do the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

He isn't a good guy. He may not have shown his true colours to this woman yet, but have no doubt, he is NOT a good guy. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:13 AM

He will never be a "good guy" --There's your mistake right there.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:15 AM
It's probably only a matter of time. Sooner or later problems will arise and he will be back to his old ways.

I'm glad you got out though! Mama... Karma will get him soon enough! Hugs to you
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:15 AM

I thought my ex's homewrecker "got the good guy" too. he was treating her just the way i always wanted to be treated. or so i thought....turns out he cheated on her with 8 women and they both turned to heavy drugs. he's locked up and she lost custody of her kid. so perhaps you just need to wait until he shows his true self with her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:15 AM
You're only seeing the outside. I believe that people can overcome a lot of behaviors. However, men that beat women will continue to do so. I've never known a man like that to truly change.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:15 AM
It's always a matter of time, he's still the same.
lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Either he is beating her and she isn't showing it or his nasty side hasn't shown through yet.

702girly
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't believe that for a second. You don't go from being a cheating wife beater to Mr. Great Guy. 

You have no idea what really goes on in their home. For all you know the only reason he doesn't beat her is because she's terrified and submits to every petty little whim he has. My family looked nice from the outside and it was a fucking nightmare. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)