Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know this is terribly wrong of me but I can NOT help it

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:15 AM
  • 6 Replies
This chick came into the office and I heard her at the front desk. I made a point to make myself busy with something so I wouldn't have to bring her into my office. Why? She has this nasal, high, toddler voice and it's like nails on a chalk board to me. I immediately felt annoyance at the mere sound of that voice.

I know it's wrong. She may be a kind hearted lady. But I just can't even deal with that sound. That's my horrible confession for today.
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Hahaha I would have done the same thing.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:17 AM
I HATE grown ass women with shriek-y, high pitched voices too. It's usually a false affect and that's the most annoying.
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah it's like that Paris Hilton/Kim Kardashian thing. Except she had this nasal thing too. I just thought "Muppet".

Quoting Danesmommy1: I HATE grown ass women with shriek-y, high pitched voices too. It's usually a false affect and that's the most annoying.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Oh, I don't blame you in the least!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:22 AM
I don't blame you, but I have a high pitched voice, it has been mentioned it sounds whiny. Ive tried to deepen it and it just sounds odd. Some of us are aware we are annoying, lol.
Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:27 AM

I work with a guy that is so fucking annoying I almost hope he gets fired and he is about half way there. He has a winey, pre-pubescent, irritating voice and he does not belong on the phones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)