Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do YOU use?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:17 AM
  • 56 Replies
I started a workout regimen 2 months ago, and while i see results in my arms and legs, I don't see a great deal of results in my stomach area. For those of you who workout, what exercises help you to tone your abdomen/stomach/core?
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Planks. And exercise balls. I do crunches on them and arm exercises with them. I don't know the name of it, I'm sorry. Cardio will help get rid of stomach fat, too. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:20 AM

Sparring and cycling :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Twists, and just tightening them while I do cardio.

jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:21 AM
I did Pilates for a few years it was great for toning, but I saw a greater loss on my waistline by diet changes and cardio.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:22 AM
DS is doing really well in Kenpo! He's enjoying it quite a bit.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Sparring and cycling :)

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Bump
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:24 AM

I stick to cardio because it melts fat. My elliptical also works out my core.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

It is just so neat to me that we share this crazy specific and unique interest! I am so proud of your son and glad that he continues to pursue Kenpo. Waiting to see if my daughter is going to be asked back to the math/science program this year before we make any curricular decisions.

Quoting Danesmommy1: DS is doing really well in Kenpo! He's enjoying it quite a bit.

LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:27 AM
I do 5 sets of 30 minute planks and 80 situps per day. Occasionally ill add onto it. My legs tend to shake during planks. Does that mean im doing it wrong ? I havent tried crunches but i definitely will try thank you!

Quoting PrettyWings29:

Planks. And exercise balls. I do crunches on them and arm exercises with them. I don't know the name of it, I'm sorry. Cardio will help get rid of stomach fat, too. 

Stoneshot
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:29 AM

Planks, bridges, workouts with a ball, water toning classes are great for this also. Maybe take a probiotic to get rid of bloat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)