Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guess my age spin off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

So is it common for someone to do a guess my age post and then get pissed when people guess their age higher? I mean if you want opinions don't get mad.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Yup. 

There was a popular member maaaaany years ago who legit looked like a granny. I'm not being mean, it's just how she looked. She would post selfies every day in NC and other groups and was really nice. She made a "guess my age" post once though and we learned that she actually is not very nice at all lol. In fact she went postal and started blocking people like it does something. No one was even being mean, she legit looked like she was in her 50's or older. I think she even left CM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Yea. Idk why people get so offended. You look the way you look.
MzD3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:44 AM
50s look like a granny ?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Yup. 

There was a popular member maaaaany years ago who legit looked like a granny. I'm not being mean, it's just how she looked. She would post selfies every day in NC and other groups and was really nice. She made a "guess my age" post once though and we learned that she actually is not very nice at all lol. In fact she went postal and started blocking people like it does something. No one was even being mean, she legit looked like she was in her 50's or older. I think she even left CM.

11beesonafarm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:44 AM
Some replies are clear attempts at insulting the op. I think it makes sense the op would get annoyed by that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:47 AM

Obviously it depends on the person but my MIL is in her late 50's and looks like an older Paula Deen lol. This woman was the same. Well, gray haired etc, she didn't look like Paula Deen. 

Quoting MzD3: 50s look like a granny ?
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Yup. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Yes but I think are just giving their honest opinions of what they feel. If you're going to get that bent out of shop you shouldn't do that to yourself.

Quoting 11beesonafarm: Some replies are clear attempts at insulting the op. I think it makes sense the op would get annoyed by that.

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Very common. I'm bad at the game anyway, so I usually look at the comments but don't reply.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Sometimes it is very clear that it is done intentionally to be an ass.  I am 46.  On facebook I have had people comment, "You never age", "You still look so young".  I have had people assume my kids were young because they don't think I look old enough to have teenagers.  People assume I am in my thirties all the time.  If I post a pic here, people will be like, "55", "60?"  I don't get pissed though because it is clear they are just jealous or jerks.  Who cares.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:55 PM

That one this morning sure got bent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)