• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dh forgot how we conceived our oldest

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I grew up with abstinence. I started dating dh when I was 15 and him 17. I made sure we were never alone but after two years dh became more handsy to say the least. One day his dad got stuck at work and we're alone at his house. We got very close to having sex but then his dad came home. He walked me home and by chance my great-grandparents weren't there. Five minutes later I wasn't a virgin anymore LOL
I was so scared about getting pregnant I refuse to have sex until I got on birth control. Went to the clinic and found out I was already pregnant.
I think it is funny because he walked in while I was discussing different birth control options to dd and he said,"My daughter is a good girl and will wait."
I asked if I was a bad girl then, and he just turned away and told me to "Continue" and walked off.
DD is 16 and this year is doing a dual enrollment. Next year she wil be off at college. I want her to get in the practice of taking birth control so when she does have sex, with a condom she still has another method.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:47 AM
That's good! It's easy to forget our past at times. Wouldn't want y'all to be grandparents before age 40😬
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Its not about being a good girl or a bad girl. Teenagers make bad choices. Hell, adult women make bad choices. They engage in magical thinking. This one time won't get me pregnant. Better safe than sorry.

quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:49 AM

your story is exactly why 'abstinance only' education doesnt work.people are human.btw,your dh must be a 'bad boy' if youre a 'bad girl',remind him of that..

dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:50 AM
That's not something I would say to my child. Having sex before marriage doesn't make her a bad girl, it just means she made a questionable choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:53 AM
I know. Our oldest son is 10 months younger than our daughter and I know dh has already gave him the condom talk.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's good! It's easy to forget our past at times. Wouldn't want y'all to be grandparents before age 40😬
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:56 AM
I wasn't even thinking of pregnancy until after the act. Hormones!

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Its not about being a good girl or a bad girl. Teenagers make bad choices. Hell, adult women make bad choices. They engage in magical thinking. This one time won't get me pregnant. Better safe than sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:00 PM
Well I was raised by my great grandparents. Dh tells me all the time he is a bad bad boy. He use to tell menses was going to die from blue ballitis if we didn't have sex soon. It's funny and stupid at the things you think of as a teen.

Quoting quinnhenrysmom1:

your story is exactly why 'abstinance only' education doesnt work.people are human.btw,your dh must be a 'bad boy' if youre a 'bad girl',remind him of that..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)