Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The hits keep coming!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I was married for 13 years.  Cheated on more times than I probably know, abused occasionally physically.  Mentally and verbally almost on a daily basis.  I knew what I was doing, I was an adult, making a choice, not a victim.  I received my education in that time, started a great career.  Raised two children.  We were very comfortably financially. 

My children were 13 and 17 when we left, after disucssing it with them, we decided it was a good time to leave and start over.  I didn't take any money of his, left two houses, stocks, cars, ect.  Refused child support.  We started fresh and we haven't looked back. 

Life has been good, I remarried and my children are happy and healthy adults.

But, every now and then, something comes up that rocks me.

My Ex BIL posted on his FB (my brother is his friend, not me) and it was a Happy Anniversary to his wife.  With a picture from his wedding in Vegas, he thanked my ex for accompanying them and some girl.  The pictures were of the wedding and my ex took another girl to it. 

WE WERE STILL MARRIED AND LIVING TOGETHER DURING THE TIME OF THE WEDDING!  I didn't know my ex even went 3000 miles away to the wedding.  No one told me.

I feel like such a fool.  Even his family played along in his behavior!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:42 PM

That's pretty messed up.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM

I really want to say something to him, to his family, but that would make me look like even more of a fool.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

That's pretty messed up.  

Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Why are you still friends with them?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Eliminate them all from your life as much as possible. Eliminate FB especially. Problem solved.  You won't have to relive the past ever again!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:49 PM

It's definitely not worth bringing up.

Honestly, I am on the verge of getting rid of facebook but have been hesitant since it is my primary source of communication with many friends.  But the drama alone makes me want to walk away.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I really want to say something to him, to his family, but that would make me look like even more of a fool.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

That's pretty messed up.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:53 PM

I'm not.  I haven't seen my ex in 5 years.  Spoken to any of his family in longer than that.  But I had a thought of reaching out to them and saying, WTF?!  My brother is FB friends with them all, which bothers me. 

Quoting Diva-Mami: Why are you still friends with them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:54 PM

I struggle wiht the FB thing all the time.  This was something my brother brought to me from his page, I"m not friends with any of those people. I'm a little mad that he said anything to me. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It's definitely not worth bringing up.

Honestly, I am on the verge of getting rid of facebook but have been hesitant since it is my primary source of communication with many friends.  But the drama alone makes me want to walk away.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

That's pretty messed up.  

mischele
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Just block all those people and then you will never see that crap again
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:59 PM

Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. And why in the world would your brother be friends with him..?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:00 PM

I didn't know he was.  I don't pay any attention to FB.  I asked him to please choose a side. 

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. And why in the world would your brother be friends with him..?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)