• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh no!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I am moving back into my apartment that is a wreck! I have a lot of cleaning to do when I get the power turned back on. Well big problem here!!! I left food in the freezer, and the refrigerator.... Oh no!!! I totally forgot about it! I know I'm so stupid! My powers been off for like 3-4 months!!! I think things are alive in there!!! Yikes!!!

What's the best way to clean a refrigerator/freezer? I'm totally throwing everything away but how to scrub it completely clean?!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:32 PM
4 moms liked this

LOL Toss the fridge/freezer with everything inside it and buy a new one.

Gloves, mask Bleach, open windows and a fan. Maybe sone baking soda. Good luck.

mama_danetta
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:33 PM
Backstory?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:34 PM
I wish I could toss the fridge lmfao! And thank you! Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2:

LOL Toss the fridge/freezer with everything inside it and buy a new one.

Gloves, mask Bleach, open windows and a fan. Maybe sone baking soda. Good luck.

Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:34 PM
Throw the whole thing out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:36 PM
Long story short. I tried to work it out with abusive DH so I left my apartment and moved in with him, I slowly was cleaning everything out but its come to my attention that its just not working out with me and him. He hasn't changed, so I'm moving back into my apartment. And I completely forgot to empty my refrigerator before the power got turned off there :(

Quoting mama_danetta: Backstory?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:37 PM
I wish I could! But they're low income apartments and it was furnished with the apartment 😨

Quoting Diva-Mami: Throw the whole thing out
YoungMama93
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:38 PM
Gas mask, gallons of bleach, gloves, hazmat suit, heavy duty scrub brush, and REALLY sturdy trash bags.

Ok, so I'm half kidding about the hazmat suit. But really, it won't be pretty. When my fil passed away, one of the bils lied about cleaning out the fridge. Dh and I wound up doing it, but by the time we got there (about 4-5 months after he passed), we pretty much just threw the fridge away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:38 PM

I would just buy a super cheap one and toss the old one. You can find free ones on Freecycle. Cleaning it will be disgusting (have you seen the fridges on Hoarders? LOL)  and time consuming. Unless it was a brand new $4,000 fridge it's probably not worth it. 

Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Mask, bleach, large garbage bags. Open all windows. Then leave open for a few days.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wish I could! But they're low income apartments and it was furnished with the apartment 😨

Quoting Diva-Mami: Throw the whole thing out
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Oh dear bob.  Bleach and lots more bleach.  I'm sure there's lots of mildew in both the freezer and fridge.  Are you sure you just don't want to just buy a new fridge?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)