Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confession Time: Crushing on another man and I am married!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

So I am pretty happily married but right now for the past few months my DH has had pretty severe back issues and he doesn't sleep in the bed with me anymore (we need a new mattress) because it hurts his back. We rarely have sex because of this.

Lately I have been hardcore crushing on this guy I met through some mutual friends on FB. I have had a couple dreams where he made a move on me and it went pretty far. No I have not met this man IRL and have no plans to, ever. He has no clue I have a crush on him and he won't, ever.

I feel sort of bad though, I mean I still love my dh and think he is very attractive, probably more attractive than my crush which is weird. I just wish I got more attention from him, kwim?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:40 PM
A crush is nothing. I used to have work crushes but now I work with all women lol. Having a harmless crush is like having a celebrity crush, it doesn't mean anything. And the dream thing, also no biggie. I had a dream I stole $12,000 from a biker, doesn't mean it's going to happen, although I could totally use 12 grand lmao.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:43 PM

A little crush is harmless... Don't feel guilty... But DO NOT act on it. Nothing but trouble.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:43 PM

thanks it was just weird because the dream last night seemed so real. We were in the guys car (some random 1960s eras muscle car) and he put his arm around me and then kissed me. I guess it is like a celebrity crush since I don't actually know him IRL and have no plans to.

Quoting Anonymous 2: A crush is nothing. I used to have work crushes but now I work with all women lol. Having a harmless crush is like having a celebrity crush, it doesn't mean anything. And the dream thing, also no biggie. I had a dream I stole $12,000 from a biker, doesn't mean it's going to happen, although I could totally use 12 grand lmao.

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM

I think crushes and dreams are pretty normal in any marriage... I'm sure your dh has had them as well. 

As far as getting more attention from your dh though... talk about that with him. I understand he has an injury, but there are still ways to be physical with each other. Good communication and a willingness to experiment with different positions, techniques, etc... can go a long way while you're waiting on that mattress and his healing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM

I would never act on it.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

A little crush is harmless... Don't feel guilty... But DO NOT act on it. Nothing but trouble.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I suck at communicating especially about sex but I will try

Quoting handy0318:

I think crushes and dreams are pretty normal in any marriage... I'm sure your dh has had them as well. 

As far as getting more attention from your dh though... talk about that with him. I understand he has an injury, but there are still ways to be physical with each other. Good communication and a willingness to experiment with different positions, techniques, etc... can go a long way while you're waiting on that mattress and his healing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:49 PM
I had a dream that dh and I went to a wedding and he let me run away with the groom lmao. He was AMAZING looking, named Luke (I've only ever met 1 Luke my entire life and it was 8 years ago), and it was soooo real, like I felt guilty after the dream. I get what you're saying but still nothing lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

thanks it was just weird because the dream last night seemed so real. We were in the guys car (some random 1960s eras muscle car) and he put his arm around me and then kissed me. I guess it is like a celebrity crush since I don't actually know him IRL and have no plans to.

Quoting Anonymous 2: A crush is nothing. I used to have work crushes but now I work with all women lol. Having a harmless crush is like having a celebrity crush, it doesn't mean anything. And the dream thing, also no biggie. I had a dream I stole $12,000 from a biker, doesn't mean it's going to happen, although I could totally use 12 grand lmao.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)