Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Out of control cat!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
Okay im not sure where to start. We adopted her when she was preggo. Shes 10 months old now. She imediately had issues with food when we got her, 5 months ago. She was taking food from our ds, of the stove, you name it. Now her kittens are all gone, she still doesnt learn.
She will get on kitchen table when we are eating, she will get on treadmill when im on it, shd will continue to get on coffee table. She also destroys our house, like our couches we had to take off the legs cause she ripped up into it, she'll get into all my clothing drawers, drawers in the kitchen, shell jump up on the fridge door when i open it, and a few mins ago i was in kitchen and she literally jumped up on middle of my back with all claws, it hurts still. Spraying her does nothing, she even knows the word no now and still will do whatever she wants. She has seriously made our house look like a party house and im tired of cleaning up non stop due to the cat. Also i had to take every single candle, lap, pic frames down cause everyday shed knock them, breaking them. I dont even have this problem with ds but this cat is the cat from hell.
She is now spayed and utd on shots. Shes 10 months old.

Any any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ysmeine
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:11 PM
Play with her to tire her out, a lot. Most of that is common behavior with bored cats. Place scratching pads and post in places she likes to scratch. She is still a kitten and has a lot of energy. She will START to calm down after one year old. I bought battery operated cat toys when mine was younger. It helped us cope.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM
Mine calmed down after she got spayed. I would put her outside or make a cat run outside.
Bibbidibobidibo
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:17 PM
My little cat is doing all that plus!

We tire her out though and it really helps.

She's a teen cat she wants to play!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Were going to build her like her own house with steps and toys tangling down
Hope that helps

Quoting ysmeine: Play with her to tire her out, a lot. Most of that is common behavior with bored cats. Place scratching pads and post in places she likes to scratch. She is still a kitten and has a lot of energy. She will START to calm down after one year old. I bought battery operated cat toys when mine was younger. It helped us cope.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:19 PM
She runs full speed around the house already lol

Quoting Bibbidibobidibo: My little cat is doing all that plus!

We tire her out though and it really helps.

She's a teen cat she wants to play!
Cherriemama831
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Seems like maybe she is bored , She is still a kitten . she needs lots of attention and play time 

Shadowgirl113
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:20 PM
I agree, play more. More interaction. That and when you see her on the table, clawing ect, put her down on the floor and say no. Spray bottle of water can be effective as well. My cats usually respond when I tell them to get down and make a sssppttt sound.
erin708
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:21 PM
She is still a kitten. They are assholes. We adopted our male at 10 mo. He was and still is a very mellow cat. We lucked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:21 PM

She's still a kitten. Get hre a tower to climb and posts to scratch. Get toys for her to chase/play with.

Also, watch some Jackson Galaxy (My Cat From Hell). He's got a LOT of good tips for calming crazy cats.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:22 PM
Ha.. I automatically thought of ResidentCat of MC😂😂
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)