Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'M GETTING REALLY SICK OF F'ING DAYCARE LICENSING!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I've been a licensed daycare provider for 13 yrs. Licensing hasn't been the greatest but this is RIDICULOUS! It has always been the case that licensing is against the providers and all the protection is for their butts...I get it they don't really care about the providers. Which is stupid! Providers are REALLY important to parents and the economy. Especially in my state! Rge children deserve better too. They deserve quality care. Licensing malrs pit really hard somstimes.

Anyways I have been willing to put up with most of the BS. A couple of years ago I had a licensor wrongfully accuse me of not following the rules on a sticky situation with CPS and a family. I DID do everything I was supposed to and went above and beyond. Well that got rescinded...which apparently RARELY ever happens!

Then I got a new licensor...who would hardly ever get back to me. I requested paperwork that he did not know about! Seriously? You don't know your own paperwork? It was getting close to re licensing time and I kept calling to see when he woukd come out for the rest licensing visit and inspection. I seriously thought I was not going to get ready licensed! He scheduled the appointment one week in advance. Then that Monday I got a call saying he went out of the country to Africa for a family emergency. Fine. One of my old licensors came in his place. Guess what? She gave me a correction order for the paperwork I was asking my licensor for. Another correction rescinded. Took almost a year of it being attached to my name and I had to post it for all parents to see.

I also did not get a background study formore for my daughter who is my emergency back up. I told the licensor at the re licensing visit. I told her when she brought my correction order. And I emailed and called. Nope. Time goes by and I call intake for the form. I send it in. I hear nothing. I call and email. Nothing. Finally a few months ago I got ahold of the licensor. He says he will look into it. Never gets back to me. This has been going on for a year now!

I called again in July to ask about it again and to report a serious situation with a family. I get a phone call from a new licensor. Said I should have gotten a letter saying she was my new licensor. I told her about the background study form. She said she would look into it. And then made an appointment to see me at my home...today! We will get back to that.I also told her about the serious situation. So right after I get off the phone with her my old licensor calls me to tell me he is not my licensor anymore..lol. He probably still doesn't know what that form is.

So last week I tried calling and emailing my new licensor. I am having a serious situation.She doesn't get back to me. I called intake on Monday. They told me what to do and told me to get a hold of my licensor. Tried...she never got back to me. So I thought well we will see her today. Nope. She never showed up. I've called her leaving her a message...no call back.

It sucks! The day is planned around her visit. And she can't even call me to let me know what is going on. Who cares....I'm only running a DAYCARE here! We are held to such high standards and have 50 million rules...most of which are up to the licensors own interpretation. But they are constantly fucking up.

There...vent over!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:51 PM
I hate my phone btw
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:54 PM
I couldn't follow since I know nothing about that!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:55 PM
Wow.
OhSara87
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!!! Hope everything works out with the situation
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, the bureaucracy is a bitch man.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a licensed in home daycare and I know licensing is a pain in the a**. I hope your situation gets worked out and keep calling them. Hugs momma!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:07 PM
Sorry...I'm probably all over the place. Basically the shitty licensing has gotten even more shitty and I have real issues going on and I'm being ignored. My new licensor didn't even show for her off year licensing visit and I haven't gotten any call telling me what is going on.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I couldn't follow since I know nothing about that!
maliffy
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:13 PM
I admire your tenacity and drive to do the right thing. It's amazing how government entities can be to work with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:20 PM
Hang in there! They can definitely be a pain in the ass! I've been licensed for almost 11 years now and finally for the last few years have a gal that I really like. She will get back to me within hours and is always willing to do whatever she can.
AnotherKim
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:27 PM

This is one of the reasons I didn't re-license. It's gotten too bureaucratic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)