Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm making my daughter pay

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies
The neighbor herself to cut the grass. It is her job. My husband and I physically cannot do it so it is up to her and she let it grow for 3 weeks without cutting it so now it is super long and there are snakes hiding in the grass. The problem is she is terrified of snakes. She has a phobia, has since she was a little girl. She went out there today to cut it and not even 5 minutes later came back in crying because she saw 3 snakes and couldn't handle it. So I asked the neighbor to do it for $10. He is but I told my daughter that she is going to pay him, not me. She is upset and says she shouldn't have to but it is her chore. I think it is up to her to pay if she decides not to do her chore. What do you all think?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suomynona_amam
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:57 PM
Why is it her responsibility?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:58 PM
Because my husband and I can't do it and she needs to have chores if she is living with us rent free. This is one of them.

Quoting suomynona_amam: Why is it her responsibility?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Are you and your husband physically disabled or just fat and lazy to not cut the grass?
angl_mama35
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:59 PM
4 moms liked this

well it sounds right to me. its her chore and shes not doing it so yes she should be the one to pay the neighbor

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:00 PM

Is she an adult or still a minor?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Because my husband and I can't do it and she needs to have chores if she is living with us rent free. This is one of them.

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:01 PM
Is she an adult? If she's an adult and can swing $10 there's an issue. If she is not an adult then your physical limitations should not be her burden. I would say that the fact that you can't physically do it means that you should have to pay
shell3m
by Shell on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:03 PM
She should have done it if she doesn't want to pay.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:05 PM

How old is she?

suomynona_amam
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:09 PM
Oh, I just assumed she was a child.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Because my husband and I can't do it and she needs to have chores if she is living with us rent free. This is one of them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Adult or not I would not give my children a chore if they were legitimately scared, had allergies or some other limitation. My husband cannot physically handle mowing the lawn and the kids and I all have allergies...so we hired someone. I would rather my adult son not have to walk around with his eyes swollen because he mowed the lawn. 

Find a different chore for her to do. She has a phobia of snakes and there are snakes in your yard, so hire someone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)