Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He talked back

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
So I have been in the picture since my SS was 3, he is now 11.

His mom has been completely unhelpful and uninvolved as far as his education, upbringing, discipline, etc. It has been all on DH and I, including everything financially too.

He just came back a couple days ago from two weeks with his BM (she took him to visit her home state.)

Well he's been snappy towards us, angry, yelling at his sister, DH and I *completely unlike himself*!

So I asked him and his sister to set the table before breakfast, DH was working in his office that is connected to the dining room so he overheard SS say that he didn't need to do what I say anymore and that soon he will be able to just go live away from us with his mom cause he's old enough to say so.

DH came out and told him he needed to go to his room and rethink/reflect on what he said.

We don't even know what to say or do, we have been custodial since he was in 3rd grade (BM literally couldn't even handle him 2 school days a week) he wasn't getting work done and had fallen WAY behind grade level, he was missing school cause he would be up until 10-11 at night at work with her.

What would you do in our position? SS is still in his room and we haven't even talked to him yet.

Though DH already knows BM put a bug in his ear about moving with her when he's 12-13, we have emails from then of her saying it's OK cause when D is 12-13 he can just come live with me and I don't have to deal with you anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_danetta
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:22 PM
If she did so poorly the first time as CP, I would hope a judge wouldn't let her do it again.
RennerAddict
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:23 PM
No clue, bump.
Marivilla
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:24 PM
Let the little brat go back with him mom if he thinks she's so great. He'll change his tune real quick.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
11yos are grumpy, difficult people. I wouldn't panic just yet.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:26 PM
Wow, tough situation. I would urge you to remember that he is still a kid and to take anything he says with a grain of salt. Don't let him get away with anything but don't take it personally. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:27 PM
And have to clean up the mess again? It took us a year plus with the help of his school to get him caught back up.

I get where you're coming from though.

Quoting Marivilla: Let the little brat go back with him mom if he thinks she's so great. He'll change his tune real quick.
angl_mama35
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:29 PM

i have to say that shes not good for him. i would punish bratty ass til he can learn to act right

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:29 PM
He has NEVER acted this way. We have had some bumps but never like this.

Quoting Danesmommy1: 11yos are grumpy, difficult people. I wouldn't panic just yet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I know that people say that you aren't supposed to talk badly about the other parent but I would just be honest with him. Tell him everything you just told us, that she couldn't handle him and willingly gave him to you. That she hasn't helped in ANY way for years. Remind him of everything you've done for him and of how he failed miserably in school and life when he did live with her. Then tell him that if he'd like to go back to living like that when he's older that he's more than welcome. Until then though he WILL treat everyone in your home with respect and kindness or he can look forward to severe punishments.

Give him something to think about.

Marivilla
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:31 PM
I would not have my SS disrespecting me and everything I've sacrificed for him. Off to BMs house he'd go.

Quoting Anonymous 1: And have to clean up the mess again? It took us a year plus with the help of his school to get him caught back up.

I get where you're coming from though.

Quoting Marivilla: Let the little brat go back with him mom if he thinks she's so great. He'll change his tune real quick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)