Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What helps get rid of

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Feelings? It sounds weird so let me rephrase. I've been single for 2 years, but I still love my ex. And it still hurts. How did you get over someone you loved? Does therapy help? Does medication help? I'm really in a depressed rut and I don't want to be. I don't want to live this way. I try to keep myself busy with work
School
Working out
Writing
Reading
Nothing helps... advice please.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma2mms
by Kristin on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:37 PM
You have to convince yourself of why you are better off apart. At some point you can relive the good times but for now you need to focus on what made the relationship fail. You can work on yourself and get over him at the same time. I look back at an ex that I was madly in love with. I would even say I was still in love with him (really the idea of him) about 2 years later. I finally made my self take a hard look at what our relationship was like and what qualities that he had that I didn't want in a husband. I can now think fondly of memories without the least bit of feelings towards him. You have to want to let go!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:39 PM
Thank you so much. I look forward to being able to enjoy the memories without hurting.

Quoting momma2mms: You have to convince yourself of why you are better off apart. At some point you can relive the good times but for now you need to focus on what made the relationship fail. You can work on yourself and get over him at the same time. I look back at an ex that I was madly in love with. I would even say I was still in love with him (really the idea of him) about 2 years later. I finally made my self take a hard look at what our relationship was like and what qualities that he had that I didn't want in a husband. I can now think fondly of memories without the least bit of feelings towards him. You have to want to let go!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Going forward and making new feelings.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Don't know. Never had any. LOL. 

Seriously though I really don't know. Time I guess. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:41 PM
Youre very lucky.

Quoting Famousglm714:

Don't know. Never had any. LOL. 

Seriously though I really don't know. Time I guess. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:41 PM
Counseling
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:41 PM
Quit being a baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:42 PM
I was strongly considering it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Counseling
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:43 PM
Quit being a dick. See we can both use that word.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Quit being a baby.
Serenity7
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:44 PM

If you really fall in love with someone. That feeling never goes away. People in time accept that it is over and move on with their life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)