Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have positive relationships with other women who are not related to you?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you have friends?

How much time do you get to spend with them? What kind of things do you do together?

Do your friendships interfere with your family life or do they enrich them?

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:39 PM
Yes I have friends. We go to a winery, dinner, lunch, and just to each others houses. Sometimes our children go with us, but other times it's just us gals.
Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:43 PM
Do in-laws count? I have very good relationships with my sil and nieces. I have a group of ladies who are friends. There are 9 of us. We get together once a month for a stampin up night. We were friends before we started the group. I see them at church. I will see most of them at the neighborhood party this weekend.
bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:43 PM
Yes I have friends.
Once a month (ish)
Shopping, movies, trips to the park, coffee, cookouts, drinks, dancing, dinners, breakfasts
They enrich my family, I have friends that I consider sisters
MissTuree
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:45 PM
Yes. I would go nuts if I didn't have girlfriends. I was in the Marine Corps for 8 years, surrounded by men and the whole "I'm one of the guys!" is a crock of shit. Every other female Marine I came across had herself convinced of this and she hated other women. The thing is though guys didn't treat them the same as the other guys, the handled them gentler, even if they talked crap it was still a different atmosphere from a girl around and it just TRULY only the guys.

Anywho, men are nice and I like having guy friends, but girlfriends are everything to me. I don't get to hang with them much since we all have kids and responsibilities but when I do I feel like a weight is lifted off of me. It's always the best feeling.
Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:46 PM
My friendships enrich our life, the ones that don't, I don't hang out with often at all
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Yes, I have several. I have always had better friends than relatives. I find that they enrich my life, I wouldn't be around them otherwise. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:48 PM
Yes I have friends. We do a lot of community things together and other get togethers. They very much enrich my life and do not interfere with my family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:51 PM
Nope. No friends here.

Apparently there is something off about my personality, or I try too hard.

So I just have my DH and my kids. *shrug*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 2:59 PM

I have a couple of close friends I met back in HS over 20 yrs ago.  That's it.  I get along with other women in a professional capacity, I.e. work, but I wouldn't consider them friends or associate with them outside of work.  

12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:01 PM
I do. Much of our keeping in touch is done by phone and text, but we get together too. No set schedule but I see friends at least twice a month.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)