Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I left a baby in the car.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
So I picked up my infant grandson to babysit him. I picked up my other kids. We all went to the store and jumped out of the car as we so often routinely do. Three minutes in the store and I almost had a heart attack because I realized we had forgot the baby. My teenager raced outside and he was safe in the car. I was surprised no one saw him.

But it just hit me that this is how people forget kids. It was unusual to have him but we routinely go to the store. His seat was turned around. Even my teen completely forgot.

This is how this happens people!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:19 PM

mmmhmmmmm

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:21 PM
Yup. It's how our brains work.
MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Still totally not OK, just glad you thought about him before something really wrong and terrible happened!!

Some stores here have signs up did you forget something? before you go in, do you leave your child in the car? 

Were there other people sitting in the seat next to the baby? Why did they think it was ok to leave him when they were getting out??? Was the baby asleep and no one was talking to him?? 

That is scary!!!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this
The difference is, it wasn't your kid, it was out of your routine, and you didn't go all day forgetting about him causing him to die.
maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:24 PM
Wow. That's insane. Are you going to let the parents know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:24 PM
My 6 year old was in the back seat with him. Didn't even say anything or remember. My teen and I were in the front. He wasn't asleep just completely quiet.

I swear it kills me to think of what if. I feel so bad anyhow.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Still totally not OK, just glad you thought about him before something really wrong and terrible happened!!

Some stores here have signs up did you forget something? before you go in, do you leave your child in the car? 

Were there other people sitting in the seat next to the baby? Why did they think it was ok to leave him when they were getting out??? Was the baby asleep and no one was talking to him?? 

That is scary!!!!! 

rachel216
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:25 PM
Sorry I still don't understand how you for get your kids in a hot car for hrs. When your the parent! Also in your situation I kinda understand but not really. Glad your grandson was fine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:26 PM
Yes we told his dad right away. I told him if he never let me pick him up again I understood.

Quoting maliksmama2: Wow. That's insane. Are you going to let the parents know?
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Sorry-still no excuse.  We are not automatons-good caregivers PAY ATTENTION ALL THE TIME.  I don't care if it was unusual to have him-it's YOUR responsibility as the adult on deck.

maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:30 PM
Thankfully the baby wasn't harmed.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes we told his dad right away. I told him if he never let me pick him up again I understood.

Quoting maliksmama2: Wow. That's insane. Are you going to let the parents know?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)