Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's not on school forms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Dd lives with me she is 6 our co states her dad has to be on paperwork so he can have access to school records. I told him to go to the school and put his name on the paper work. He refused and told me to do it.

I know his address but not the year of his car idk his drivers license number or social and told him that. He still refused to put his name on the paper work. The co also says he's to be at docs appointments which he isn't i filled out those papers after dd was born and he's only went to ONE of her docs appointments. He has joint custody.

Can the courts force me to put him on her paperwork for school and docs?

I'm in michigan and so is he........the co also says we both get 10 min calls when one of us doesn't have her. His wife refuses to allow him contact with our daughter outside of weekend visits, i'm not allowed to call and talk to dd when he has her either because of sm on top of it he got upset because he wanted her on my time and i said no.

What can i do to enforce this? Some times he doesn't take her for weeks and she's left crying waiting by the door
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:58 PM
I'm not going to bother to update my child's father's info. Last I heard, from him, he was in another state. I don't have his current number, or current address. He isn't an emergency contact, nothing. All that is on the paperwork is the he is her bio father.
illneverbeold
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I would go back to court with a detailed account of every time I wasn't able to contact DD and every time she wasn't picked up for visit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:05 PM
I don't plan on updating anything but i did tell him if he wants to be added he needs to do it and he won't so i'm gonna make sure the courts know he won't add himself.

Why is it always up to the woman to do everything when the man is too lazy?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm not going to bother to update my child's father's info. Last I heard, from him, he was in another state. I don't have his current number, or current address. He isn't an emergency contact, nothing. All that is on the paperwork is the he is her bio father.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:06 PM
I've got the texts with the dates and times.........but i'm not sure the judge will allow them in court

Quoting illneverbeold:

I would go back to court with a detailed account of every time I wasn't able to contact DD and every time she wasn't picked up for visit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:07 PM
Seriously though. Don't let him get away with this shit.

Quoting illneverbeold:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Keep a notebook with all the dates and times you weren't allowed to call, and that he refused to talk to her when she was with you. And the dates he refused to get her. And keep the texts that say anything about him refusing to do anything on the co. Voicemails too. Try to keep communication through text or email, that way you have proof of things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:12 PM
It's a start, I would meet with a lawyer to see if you have enough to get the order changed. It should be up to each parent to fill out their own information if they really want to be involved.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've got the texts with the dates and times.........but i'm not sure the judge will allow them in court

Quoting illneverbeold:

princessmom2005
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:13 PM
My ex started pitching a fit about how he never gets anything from school so I told him to contact them which he never did. We don't have a CO that states he has to be on the contact list for school. I just keep everything with him on a need-to-know basis.
loquaciousred
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I say it is up to him to add himself to the paperwork.

Stop telling her when he's supposed to be coming. If he shows, great, if not, she won't know.

I'd make note of everytime you contact her when she is with him and you arent' allowed to speak to her. SM has no place here, they both need to follow the order. I'd take them to court if they don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Start by documenting everything & recording phone calls

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)