Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious, would you buy the outfit?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

My DS goes to a school that has a school uniform. In years past, it was easy....any type/make of khaki pants and any type/make of polo shirt.

This year, the school decided to go to full fledged uniforms. Basically a certain type of khaki pants and polo shirt that can only be bought from a particular uniform store. To be honest, the uniforms aren't bad but they are pretty expensive. Not a problem....we just adjusted our budget and allowed more money for back to school.

Well, we found out that now the school has made it mandatory that all kids purchase a special uniform that is only to be worn for their Christmas concert in December. Pretty much a specific type of black pants, red polo and black shoes from this same uniform company. The cost will be about $75 total. We were told that if our children don't have the required uniform, they will not be allowed to perform in the Christmas concert this year.

They let us know this new rule early so that we can make "plans". A few of the parents have already said that they are not wasting $75 on a school uniform that cannot be worn on any other school days. They have said that they will just keep their kids home from the Christmas concert since the kids won't care either way.

I personally will get the special uniform but just buy it in a bigger size so that at least my DS can wear it next year too.

But just out of curiosity, would you buy the special "Christmas" uniform or would you just not attend the concert.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDukati
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Uniforms suck. That's I'll I can contribute to this post.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:12 PM
If they wanted to be in concert I would buy it
Bohemian_Pirate
by A Landscapers Love on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:13 PM
I'm with the other parents if this is public school. I personally am all for basic school uniform IF I can buy it from Target. But it sounds like your school is going over board.
rhiannonaisling
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:15 PM

I wouldn't buy it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:17 PM

It is a private school.

Quoting Bohemian_Pirate: I'm with the other parents if this is public school. I personally am all for basic school uniform IF I can buy it from Target. But it sounds like your school is going over board.

jamamama00
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:17 PM
If my kid is at the $18,000 a year school down the road yeah I'll buy it. At the public school? No way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:18 PM

I would buy it, yes.

I dealt with bullying growing up from not having the "right" clothes or things, and I wouldn't want to put my child in a situation where they felt left out because of it. They maybe wouldn't get bullied, but I would be worried.

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:20 PM
It would depend. For my little one that still gets super excited about performances...yes. A grouchy tween that would probably stand there and roll their eyes...nope.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

whats stupid about all of this is the fact that the people they are putting this program on for wont give 2 shits about these expensive uniforms. or what the kids are wearing.

how dumb.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:22 PM
I'd buy it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)