Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have grandkids and want a baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I am 38 recently divorced and am in a new relationship.Last month we had a brief time when we thought I was pregnant. Turns out I am not but now I see just how excited I was. I have 3 grown children and three grand children soon to be 5 come Feb . Yes I know its strange to be 38 and have that many but got married at 16. My boyfriend is open to the idea. But I am bouncing back and forth does anyone else go through this? Or am I just insane

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Imo, it's insane. I can't imagine starting all over with parenting when already having grandkids. I'd focus on being a grandma. But you do what you want.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:26 PM
Not strange at all. DH was 40 when we had DS. We will likely be having kids and grandkids at the same time.
He is 44 now and we aren't done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:27 PM

I don't think it's weird at all, 38 isn't that old.

MrsBieg
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It's fine to want things. But making the wise choice for your existing family is the priority.
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:29 PM

If you can handle it and all your ducks are in a row, then go for it.

Just try to approach the subject more logically and not react solely on your emotional responses.  Think about the practical sides to having a new baby.

Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:29 PM

This is my dilemma I am to the point I should be enjoying my new life. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Imo, it's insane. I can't imagine starting all over with parenting when already having grandkids. I'd focus on being a grandma. But you do what you want.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:30 PM
Yes and you're in a NEW relationship.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

This is my dilemma I am to the point I should be enjoying my new life. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Imo, it's insane. I can't imagine starting all over with parenting when already having grandkids. I'd focus on being a grandma. But you do what you want.

Momof2Stepof3
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:30 PM

I couldn't do it. My kids are nearly grown and the thought of starting over freaks me out. Not only does it freak me out makes me think about my husband on how he feels about his only sibling who is 16 years older then him. He looks at her as a mom more then a sister.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:31 PM

I'm 36 and pregnant....I guess it depends on if you really want to start over raising kids or if you want to be done and enjoy your grand kids, and if your BF really wants a child. 

shell3m
by Shell on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:31 PM
I would cry if I had to start over..lol just snuggle your grand babies more. But really, that's a personal choice and up to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)