Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you bring children to child support court??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I want to go the the child support enforcement office tommorow. Its in a courthouse in manhattan. The kids are home for summer..school doesnt start until September 8th .

I want to file a violation of support . I dont want the kids ask in me questions about their dad but I also want to finally file! Ive put it off for so long.

I just plum forget about it for months at a time. Im so used to not getting anything I just forget.

I remembered today because im buying school stuff and its SO expensive and yesterday was ds birthday and I was reminded how he couldn't even send a birthday card...so my anger is in full force. I want to file before I forget!

Should I just go tommorow and bring the kids along?

I'll try to explain to them as best as I can why we are there and what im doing etc.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:32 PM
I know me....and i know if i say okay ill just do it when they go back to school i know ill forget because school doesnt start for three more weeks and ill have so much other things on my plate to get done...I want to get this ball rolling.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Just tell them you have some paperwork to fill out and leave it at that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
You don't involve kids in this type of thing. You set yourself a reminder in your phone and go.next month while they're at school.
brooklynchic151
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:35 PM
How old are they? I would go by myself
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:38 PM

No, hire a sitter.

amanda.lyn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:38 PM
No, I would not bring my kids along for that. You've already waiting months, a week or two more won't hurt.. Set a reminder on your phone to go the day they start school.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:39 PM
No, I wouldn't. Either have someone watch them or wait until school starts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:39 PM
9 and 11 . We wouldn't be in actual court. Id be going there to file papers likely with a customer service desk lady or something.

Quoting brooklynchic151: How old are they? I would go by myself
Lemon-Sunshine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:40 PM
No. This is an adult matter keep the kids out of it. Even if it's only paper work.
brooklynchic151
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:41 PM
I know. Been there done that many times. If I had no other choice. I would bring them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: 9 and 11 . We wouldn't be in actual court. Id be going there to file papers likely with a customer service desk lady or something.

Quoting brooklynchic151: How old are they? I would go by myself
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)