Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She didn't believe I was a teacher...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I was at Michaels today gathering some stuff for my classroom and they give teacher discounts. I show the lady my staff id and she tells me she doesn't believe I'm a teacher. I've never had issues before so I was a bit taken back. I told her yes I was a teacher and here's my staff id. She told me I was too young to be a teacher. I'm 25. She eventually gave me the discount but she didn't seem happy with it. I'm still a bit shocked.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, if she refused and said that more than once I would have spoken to the manager! Especially after you showed her your staff ID..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:20 PM
That's weird. I have a discount card for Joann's but they mail it to me and I only needed my teacher I'd to activate it the first time I used it.
amatwin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:25 PM

THat is just odd. They let me use my substitue badge everytime I go, no questions asked. My SIL started teaching at 22, has been teaching for 30 years and about ready to retire! 

KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:33 PM
At least she finally gave you the discount. You could complain to the manager about her bad attitude if you really want. I don't know if it's worth the trouble.
AJandJDsMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:34 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes...because every young kid is just dying to get a fake ID to get discounts at Michael's.  LOL..sorry..had to laugh :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:38 PM
Quoting KeepOnTryin: At least she finally gave you the discount. You could complain to the manager about her bad attitude if you really want. I don't know if it's worth the trouble.

It wasn't worth it anyways, I got like $5 off lol. I was just shocked that she was so adamant about my age
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:39 PM
Quoting AJandJDsMom:

Yes...because every young kid is just dying to get a fake ID to get discounts at Michael's.  LOL..sorry..had to laugh :)

Lol! I know right? I know I look young, some places still card me for lotto tickets (I don't drink or smoke) but at Michaels?
KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Rudeness!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:31 PM
I was a very young looking 25 (and I'm only 4'11") when I worked in a salon as a hairdresser. A client walked in and I politely asked her if I could help her. She sneered at me and asked if there were any adults there that could help her. I assured her that I was actually able to help her but she insisted that she would prefer a "grown up". I just laughed and got my boss, who then scheduled her with me. Snarky bitch ended up with a fabulous cut and color and told all her friends about me.
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:33 PM
I'm 26 and still have to wear my ID badge all the time at school for people to know I'm a teacher and not a student. I teach 10-12th. I also have to dress more professional than the coaches.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)