Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What will cps do of I don't pass?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I'm a single mom of one child. I'm 19. Ds is 1year old. His father was abusive the min I told him I was pregnant. I got away from him and moved in with a friend. Two months ago she told me I need to move out in two weeks because her boyfriend was moving in. I didn't have enough money to afford a place on my own. A week later she asked if I had somewhere to go. I told her not yet. She called cps on me. What she didn't know was I reached out to a few programs and the one was helping me with a place of my own. I let them know if I don't find a place to rent within their budget I'll have no where to go. They put me and ds in a hotel for two weeks. I did find a place two days before my time was up at the hotel. Cps was still around and won't close my case till I am stable. Well my caseworker wants a mental health evaluation done. I don't think I'll pass. I know I have severe depression and anxiety. I'm on medication for it. So I'm curious to know what happens if I don't pass? I take the test tomorrow. My caseworker does know about the depression and anxiety.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Where are your parents?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:32 PM
They gave one to my sister, she failed it. All they did was watch her case for a year to make sure she was following through with treatment and medication her children weren't removed.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think depression/anxiety that is being treated is enough to get kids taken away. They are looking for someone that is a danger to their kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:33 PM
Why?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Where are your parents?

MissTuree
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:34 PM
One of my clients is a caseworker and she said they don't remove kids based on homelessness unless the child is in immediate danger. So you are on their radar for something else most likely. They don't WANT to take your child away, that's a lot of work for them in an already packed system. Do you feel you are a danger to yourself or your child? If not do your best to get through that eval and keep pushing forward, if so then try to see what help you can get. You have no family that can help?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:34 PM
I hope if I file that is all that happens.

Quoting Anonymous 2: They gave one to my sister, she failed it. All they did was watch her case for a year to make sure she was following through with treatment and medication her children weren't removed.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:34 PM
Treated mental health issues alone won't end with your child's removal from your care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:35 PM
They never were going to take ds

Quoting MissTuree: One of my clients is a caseworker and she said they don't remove kids based on homelessness unless the child is in immediate danger. So you are on their radar for something else most likely. They don't WANT to take your child away, that's a lot of work for them in an already packed system. Do you feel you are a danger to yourself or your child? If not do your best to get through that eval and keep pushing forward, if so then try to see what help you can get. You have no family that can help?
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:36 PM
Well if depression and anxiety were enough to have kids taken away, I wouldn't have mine.

Why did you, hopefully ex friend, call CPS? She seems unstable herself!
Shanners19
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
They won't take your kid away. They will make sure you are attending therapy and taking your meds. Maybe parenting classes if they feel it's necessary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)