• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lied about missing person for money! SMH!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
This person I know made a post on Facebook that her sister was missing and it was shared thousands of times. The post included a gofundme link to collect donations to help find her. Then people discovered that a police report was never filed and she wasn't even missing! She was hiding out at a friends house so they scammed a lot of people for a lot of money! The post was taken down after she was "found" but I recently saw that she put it up again on multiple sale, missing people and lost and found pages.

People are letting others know that it's a scam but not everyone reads comments so this post is still being shared! People make me sick! Our town recently had a few people go missing and turned up dead, including a friend of mine who was missing for months until her body was found, It takes away from those who are missing still. This scam makes me angry!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:42 PM
Has anyone let the police department know? They file charges on people for that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Some screenshots of a few comments on one of the posts. The messages are with the police department.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:04 PM
They know, idk if any charges are being filed or not but a lot of people have been contacting the police.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Has anyone let the police department know? They file charges on people for that.
shell3m
by Shell on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:04 PM
Wow..
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:06 PM
That's really terrible!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:07 PM
I hate it when people "share" these. Most of the time, it's old and the person has been found.

I always look through the comments or elsewhere to make sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:09 PM
Yep, I deleted that picture I didn't mean to post her phone number

Quoting Anonymous 3: Oh great I see a 570 area code. Nepa making us proud. Jc Friends of mine shared this on Facebook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:11 PM
Hopefully nobody donated any money

Quoting Anonymous 3: Oh great I see a 570 area code. Nepa making us proud. Jc Friends of mine shared this on Facebook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:14 PM
I always read comments too, people on my Facebook tend to share without reading anything including dates and it drives me crazy

Quoting Anonymous 2: I hate it when people "share" these. Most of the time, it's old and the person has been found.

I always look through the comments or elsewhere to make sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would there be a need for a go fund me for a missing person?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)