Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My family is freaking toxic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

My grandma laughs at me when I tell her how I feel about some things, my mother blantantly favors my sister, my sister gets pissy if I even try to get my mom to admit she favors her, and the rest of my family is drug addicts. They're freaking toxic, yet because I have such a strong sense of family, I freaking stay around. I'm an idiot. I really am. I feel like the laughing stock of the family and like I'm not good enough for any of them.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:53 PM

*sigh*

Skittles2015
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:54 PM
Yes but im hardily around them.
My mom and sister are two peas in a pod, my mom just got back from living with my sister for 8 months cause my sister keeps popping out kids. My mom has never visted us. My dads is best friends with my party brother and both my parents like to try to control my life.
Im the oldest. I talk to my sister by phone for couple mins here and there. Haven't spoken to my mom in 5 months. Shes super toxic anyways. She never grew up.
I actually dont talk to anyone on my moms side of the family. They are people users. I just had enough and keep my distance now.
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
We moved far away from our families and we get along a lot better with them now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:56 PM

I keep telling myself I will get brave enough to get away from them one day. DH wants to move to Savannah, but I can't bring myself to do it. My mom has health problems, which is a lot fo what is stopping me.

Quoting Skittles2015: Yes but im hardily around them. My mom and sister are two peas in a pod, my mom just got back from living with my sister for 8 months cause my sister keeps popping out kids. My mom has never visted us. My dads is best friends with my party brother and both my parents like to try to control my life. Im the oldest. I talk to my sister by phone for couple mins here and there. Haven't spoken to my mom in 5 months. Shes super toxic anyways. She never grew up. I actually dont talk to anyone on my moms side of the family. They are people users. I just had enough and keep my distance now.

Jesser215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:56 PM
My family sucks too. I miss when I was a kid and into my teens we always had Sunday dinners with my aunts uncles and cousins. My grandparents would come up often as well. Most everyone got along. Now no family get together, cuz someone doesn't get along with so and so. And we all drifted apart except for me and my mom. I tried helping some family members only to get robbed and lied to. (They're on drugs) now I just found out my cousin is probably going to prison for choking his wife.. Nice!! Wtf
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:57 PM
Yes. I am very different from my family. I want so badly to feel close to them and have a big happy family. It will never happen though. My siblings are adicts and my mother is an enabler. It sucks, but I know it's out of my control.

I'm thankful for my husband and children. They are my family and they're more than enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

We tried that. It got worse with my grandma cause we weren't around. So we moved back, and now my husband wants to move to Savannah.

Quoting DanaG70: We moved far away from our families and we get along a lot better with them now.

Jesser215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:57 PM
And I'm wondering why I moved back here..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:58 PM

I remember the awesome family get-togethers we would have on holidays...now, even though my mom tries, no one wants to do it. They all have t heir own tihngs going on.

Quoting Jesser215: My family sucks too. I miss when I was a kid and into my teens we always had Sunday dinners with my aunts uncles and cousins. My grandparents would come up often as well. Most everyone got along. Now no family get together, cuz someone doesn't get along with so and so. And we all drifted apart except for me and my mom. I tried helping some family members only to get robbed and lied to. (They're on drugs) now I just found out my cousin is probably going to prison for choking his wife.. Nice!! Wtf

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:59 PM
I cut my Mother out of my life because she's toxic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)