Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apparently I'm rich.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
1 mom liked this
Thankfully this isn't an issue outside of the internet. I have no idea how much money my friends and family have, and they have no idea about mine.

But this is the internet. Every now and then a post involving finances pops up, and I'll chime in with the anonymous button. None of the responses are ever good. Half think I'm a lying troll, and the other half spews "must be nice" type comments. Why? I'm not rich, or anything close to it. We're comfortable, but that's it. Comfortable doesn't equal rich. It's not like I'm dressed for the red carpet with a limo at the ready. I drive a friggin minivan!

Since when did middle or upper-middle become the new rich? It's a damn travesty.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:43 PM
I always go anon too on posts like that. Lol
Jesser215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:45 PM
Well now I'm curious how much u make? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:48 PM
I have had the same experience on here. Yes we are comfortable but far from rich like the IRS and women on here like to think we are. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this
So not the point of this post. If I fess up, those "must be nice" comments will turn into a "fail at humble-brag" comments, lol.

Quoting Jesser215: Well now I'm curious how much u make? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:52 PM
I know. My definition of RICH means millionaire status. Doubtful anyone on here is that.
But we're comfortable, work hard for what we have, have good jobs. Bills are paid, food in the house, we have savings and retirement. Good enough for me.

And like you, I don't talk money with my friends and family. How much money they have isn't my business and how much I have isn't their business.
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:52 PM
3 moms liked this
They became the "new rich" when the gap between the top 1% and everyone else grew larger than anytime since the 1920s.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol.. Can a borrow a c note? 

kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
There's a big divide right now between the wealthy and the poor. To be honest, I'd feel like I was rolling in money if I earned 60,000 annually. It would be amazing.

I'm glad you're comfortable, but it is hard to feel that if you're struggling yourself. One thing I have noticed is that no matter how wealthy someone is, there are others more wealthy. Even if you do have a limo, someone else has a private plane. If you have a private plane, someone else has a better one- or three. People very rarely realise their affluence.
AvantGardener
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this

It's all relative. I don't know the exact statistic but I would be the majority of members of this group are well with in the poverty level. When I was a kid I thought people who lived in a house were rich.

cellomom26
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:53 PM
There will always be jealous people, ignore them and be happy with your life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)