Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American success factors

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:50 PM
"The African American community needs to become the American community. However, institutional racism says that we need to define these communities, place limitations on them, prove that they aren’t worthy and put them down, but common sense says that we need to merge them all and build them up as one. For as long as we are defined by the color of our skin, we are unable to be equal. The constructs of race cannot dictate the progress that we make as people unless we continue to recognize those constructs as truth. We need every American to stand up for each other regardless of their skin color. As much as we want to claim that individuals are successful, success is not due to any single individual. Success is a by-product of the support and community in which one lives."

So true!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2016 at 6:10 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2016 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
You won't get mucxh of a response here but I appreciate the attempt. For what its worth, I believe that if we made low income schools better, had more more scholarships, offered more help and education, we would see better outcomes. But God forbid we as a society agree to lift our own fellow Americans out of poverty. We would much rather fight wars over oil, elect dirty politicians, and demonize our poor all while giving corporations tax breaks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Yes, I agree. it seems too that people just care about placing blame or pointing fingers as well. The whole system needs an overhaul. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: You won't get mucxh of a response here but I appreciate the attempt. For what its worth, I believe that if we made low income schools better, had more more scholarships, offered more help and education, we would see better outcomes. But God forbid we as a society agree to lift our own fellow Americans out of poverty. We would much rather fight wars over oil, elect dirty politicians, and demonize our poor all while giving corporations tax breaks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2016 at 7:57 PM
Why do you think America has some of the cheapest alcohol in the developed world? To keep us boozed up enough to barely care about anything more than our iPhones and football.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yes, I agree. it seems too that people just care about placing blame or pointing fingers as well. The whole system needs an overhaul. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: You won't get mucxh of a response here but I appreciate the attempt. For what its worth, I believe that if we made low income schools better, had more more scholarships, offered more help and education, we would see better outcomes. But God forbid we as a society agree to lift our own fellow Americans out of poverty. We would much rather fight wars over oil, elect dirty politicians, and demonize our poor all while giving corporations tax breaks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2016 at 8:04 PM

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ dang, now a drink sounds nice lol. 

lol. the government really likes to see us dance. Keep Americans fighting each other, swoop in with a plan that always fails. But works for oh a few months to a year, then people wise up.. Have us fighting again, revise old plan.. Until the plan is so screwed up that not even the government knows which end is up, but if they keep us against each other they can hope we won't notice.

im not anti government, just anti this craziness. I'm thinking Obama should stay in office while the government is overhauled, lol. Idk.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why do you think America has some of the cheapest alcohol in the developed world? To keep us boozed up enough to barely care about anything more than our iPhones and football.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)