Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could I get in trouble with cps?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
My ex was abusive. We left a few years ago, he was convicted of a domestic, and didn't try for custody up until recently. I have since moved on, met a wonderful man and we just signed a year lease in a 2 bedroom apartment. I've been battling some serious health issues, so I'm not currently working. Finances are stable, but tight.

Now ex is filing for custody and he's vindictive enough to get cps involved just for the hell of it. My boys share a room, but suddenly fiance's ex dropped his daughter off to live with us too. We immediately went out and bought a fold out couch and let her have our bedroom.

Would cps have a problem with that? We spent our savings getting into this place and furnishing it, so moving isn't an option any time soon, especially since we'd have to break our lease. The kids all have their own space and privacy, but their closets are also occupied by our clothes because storage is limited here
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think so. I mean I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem like anything is wrong based on the info you're giving. CPS is concerned with children being abused or neglected.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:52 PM
Doubt it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:52 PM
The kids are well taken care of. I'm a SAHM, so the apartment may get messed up with toys and such on occasion, but the fridge and cupboards are always stocked and they eat healthy meals. I just don't want my ex to have any sort of foot hold when it comes to getting custody. He's violent and my kids would be in danger with him

Quoting CheerioHolder: I don't think so. I mean I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem like anything is wrong based on the info you're giving. CPS is concerned with children being abused or neglected.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:54 PM
No, they arent gonna care
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:55 PM
In Pennsylvania I know that a boy and girl can share a room.
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:56 PM
That should be fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:57 PM
I'm not sure what the law is here. Rather than cram all 3 kids in 1 bedroom, we chose to move out to the living room so she'll have her own space and not have to be with my boys

Quoting Anonymous 3: In Pennsylvania I know that a boy and girl can share a room.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:15 PM
Shouldn't be an issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:18 PM
No. Nothing you are doing or have done puts your children at risk.
There would possibly be issues if the kids were all sharing one room, but they aren't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:21 PM
I was investigated and when the woman talked to DD she told her she had been sleeping on the floor under a fort we made. The woman looked in her room to verify she had a bed available and said as long as we are providing one for her it's fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)