Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 13 year old asked for Birth Control and I said...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 364 Replies
9 moms liked this

As long as you pay for the doctor bills, the pills, and start chipping in for rent, food, and other responsibilities. If you are old enough to screw, then you are old enough to get a job and start paying for shit.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:59 PM
27 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:00 PM

???

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:01 PM
5 moms liked this
Amen, shocked that a 13 year old would even think that's acceptable.
Ashley1113
by Ley on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:02 PM
71 moms liked this

Wow...I would MUCH rather my child be responsible and come to me for birth control then deciding telling me isn't worth it and end up pregnant. SHe's going to do it whether or not you get her the bc. Now be a good mom and get her the bc.

tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:02 PM
28 moms liked this

Who's going to chip in for the baby? Do you really think y ou can keep her from sex by making a rule about it? it's not like she was planning to do it in front of you. You were (were) very lucky to have a daughter willing to come to you, you should have had a very open conversation about why waiting is best, where to get free condoms, why she needs condoms if she's on bc, then taken her for bc and told her you expected her not to have sex anyway, because it would be a mistake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:02 PM
5 moms liked this
Well I don't think having sex at 13 is acceptable... I would put her on birth control... without the bc she could have sex anyways and just not tell you. I wouldn't want my 13 year old getting pregnant but kids today seem to be having sex at even earlier ages so better to be safe.
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:02 PM
6 moms liked this
Does she have that much time unsupervised??
trsquare
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:03 PM
10 moms liked this

That's a conversation I'm glad I didn't have to go through.  However, from the time mine could name body parts, it was a penis and a vagina, and I answered their questions with honesty.  Probably why I'm still not a grandmother.   That, and they saw kids have kids in junior high, and that was more annoying to them.

On the other hand, I'm glad that your daughter thinks that the line of communication is open enough that she can ask for it, and is doing what is necessary to not get pregnant.

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this
You know that's probably not going to keep her from having sex, don't you? I agree she's to young for that behavior but if she is already active that conversation isn't going to help.
cookiemonster77
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:03 PM
8 moms liked this

If my 13 year old was seriously asking me that I would quit my job and homeschool. Obviously they are already planning on how they are going to have sex soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)