• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone elses school doing this?- public school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
School starts Aug 24. Tonight from 5-7 or tomorrow from 9-11 parents are to go to the school, fill out the forms (medical information, emergency numbers, ect), pay school fees and they will be getting their school pictures taken. If we don't pay the school fees, they can't get their schedules and aren't allowed to start school. (This is 5-8 grade).
It has never been this way before. Usually the forms come home the first day, picture day is in sept and you find out what the fees are.
We are always warned if we don't pay the fees, we don't get report cards. Im just surprised how they are doing things now. I know for my boy, fee is 47 and for my girl, 45. I kind of feel bad for the parents that can't afford to pay the fees and buy the pictures
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:47 PM
DS goes to private school, so it's a given if we don't pay he doesn't go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:48 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:48 PM
My dd is in private school so we have to pay anyway
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:49 PM
There's always a bunch of fees in the beginning of the year. Before school, I had to pay room fees, party fees and pto fees. Next week, I'll have teacher fees, grade fees and one other one that I can't remember.

Pictures are in sept, but maybe for you guys, they want pictures for IDs ASAP. Ds never seems to get his school ID until the end of the school year. Smh. But it's funny/stupid bc the pictures we can order are NOT the school ID pictures so idk.

Hopefully those who can't afford to pay right now is able to coma up with a payment plan. It makes me wonder how many parents in the previous years never bothered to pay the fees.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:50 PM
No fees whatsoever here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:52 PM
Yes, ours has always been like that's you get nothing, including locks, agenda, schedule, our school picture without showing your receipt
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Mine goes to private school. All fees except pictures are included in tuition. If a child leaves before fees are paid the school will hold grades and all paperwork needed to transfer(discipline reports, any other reports, withdrawal notice).. I'm not sure what they do in public schools.

Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:53 PM

I got a robo call the other day from the elementary school: Please call/email and confirm that your child is still attending this school. This is coming from the superintendent.

That makes me wonder if the computers crashed, or if there is a large number of students that left without telling anyone, or maybe they're looking and closing a school or two. School doesn't start until September 1st, and we STILL haven't had a meet and greet for either of my school aged children; one in elementary, one in middle school.

cookiemonster77
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:54 PM

We had to pay by June 1st to get a $50 discount otherwise it's around $200. Don't pay and register, you aren't enrolled. This is a public school. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:56 PM

They do have fees for middle school, but you are allowed to pay on them. We have always paid at registration

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)