Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

driving me nuts, lost 46 lbs and people just ask if I colored my hair!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

So, I have lost 46 lbs. in the past 4 months.  I have also been off from work for the past 2 months plus a bit more.  I dropped in size most dramatically during that time.     I started back to work this week and people are saying things like, "wow, you look great!  where did you get so tan?"  I don't have a tan.   People are saying, "wow you look great, love the hair cut..love the color.."  Well, actually, I have let my hair grow out a bit, and yes I did get subtle color, but that is nothing new..."   One of the guys at work said, "wow, you look like a new woman...hardly recognized you!  wow, never realized how stunningly blue your eyes are..."  They have always been very blue....not one single person has said, "hey you slimmed down..." or anything like that.  Is it possible for a 46 lb weight loss, a drop in nearly 4 sizes to be unnoticed?    

I typically don't look for attention but with the comments I have received, I kind of secretly wish that one person might ask if I lost weight......So, that's my confession... 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SleepingBeautee
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:25 PM

What size were you before?

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:25 PM
LMAO! That's actually typical. I have gotten those comments before. They know something has changed but they are not quite sure what. People aren't all that observant.
kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:26 PM
Depends, how big were you to start with?
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe they are afraid to mention it,  weight is kind of a taboo thing to talk about at work.  They are complimenting you though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:27 PM
Depends on how big you were before.
.MiaBella.
by Mia on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It's possible these people notice the weight loss but are trying to be polite by not mentioning someone's weight. Congratulations on your weight loss!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:28 PM

To do that would have them say you were fat to begin with.  And that's "offensive".  They're paying you compliments while being safe.

Akgrown907
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:28 PM
That's what I was thinking. Just take it as a compliment, maybe the weight you lost wasn't noticeable when you had it?

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Maybe they are afraid to mention it,  weight is kind of a taboo thing to talk about at work.  They are complimenting you though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:29 PM

I was a size 18 before and now I am size 10.  

Quoting SleepingBeautee:

What size were you before?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:29 PM
Sometimes people are afraid to mention weight because if they say they noticed then the woman might think they thought she was fat. I think it's more an effort to not hurt peoples feelings, even though that's what you really want to hear. Btw congrats on the weight loss.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)