Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you see inlaws

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
We just moved back to our hometown after being gone for 12 years. My MIL is now wanting to get together several times a week,she places numerous calls and texts to us. Its fucking ridiculous. Today texts my dh at work and he refused to answer her. She then called my cell and house phone 15 times wanting to know why dh is ignoring her and to give him a message. I told her I am not his secretary and to refrain from calling so much it disrupts our day. I told her to call once and if we don't answer leave a message and we will return of when its convenient. She got pissy at that. Then she told me she would be stopping by right before dh got home so she could have supper with us. I told her that doesn't work for us. She wanted to know why. I told her it didn't matter why. The answer was no. At 630 The kids and I were pulling out of the driveway as she was pulling in. I kept going. She immwediately called and I answered. She said I told you I was coming for dinner and I responded and I told you that doesn't work for us. I then hung up. I am so sick of her intruding ALL the time. My dh and I have both talked to her telling her that we need to enjoy our precious family time and we needed space. She said that she was family. Dh responded no you aren't. You are extended family
And we needed time with our children. She still isn't listening. Tonight while we were at dinner she called 19 times and sent a text saying that the kids were her life. My dh told her she will not be seeing us until she has at least 6 months of therapy
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:03 PM
Bumo
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:10 PM
Unfortunately like twice a year. I can barely handle that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:10 PM
Bump
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:11 PM
Almost never. We see my parents a few times a year though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I see mine weekly if not more. I love my mil she's amazing
imyourPuppy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:16 PM
They live with us, so everyday.
imyourPuppy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:16 PM
How refreshing. :). Good for you.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I see mine weekly if not more. I love my mil she's amazing
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:16 PM
Several times a week. They live 3 houses down from us. I love them so I think it's great.
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:17 PM

They've both passed away, so...

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:18 PM
I aim for never. Probably once every 6 weeks or so.

We see my parents daily usually.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)