• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She wouldn't allow her child to say hi to the cop

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
That's what I witnessed today. This kid, around 5-6yo, said hi to a cop and a cop waved back at him and ask how he was doing. When the little boy wanted to answer, his mom pulled him by his hand and said :"don't talk to him, he's a F. cop".

Why would you crated even more hate? How can you achieve peace throw hate. I don't get people. It's getting scary.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Because it's obviously not about creating peace, it is all about the hate.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:21 PM

Some are just jerks, others have valid, though misguided, reasons to dislike police officer. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:23 PM
Valid reason to dislike police officers? What reason is that? Does one know ALL police officers out there, to have a reason to dislike all of them?

Would I be justified to dislike one particular race, or religion base of my bad experience with some people from the group?

Quoting lenashark:

Some are just jerks, others have valid, though misguided, reasons to dislike police officer. 

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I knew a Holocaust survivor, lost her whole family including her child and barely made it out herself, who didn't like Germans and refused to buy a German car. Was she correct in her actions? No. But did she have a reason that I can understand? Yes. I know people who have grown up where their only interaction with a police officer was seeing them pull over their father over and over when he did nothing wrong, just for the way he looked or when they raided his house as a little boy and held his family at gunpoint while they searched for something that wasn't there or when they arrested a family member and hauled them off or when there sister was raped and the officers laughed at her or when they were being glarred at and watched for just walking down the street. So yes, they don't like police officers. Do I think they are right? Of course not, I highly respect officers, but they still have their reasons. Does their experience mean that all police officers are bad, of course not, just most Germans weren't Nazis, but they formed an association and that was what they grew up being taught. Police officers need to do more to engage with their community and be seen as a protective prescence, not a power looming over them. That includes the good ones.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Valid reason to dislike police officers? What reason is that? Does one know ALL police officers out there, to have a reason to dislike all of them? Would I be justified to dislike one particular race, or religion base of my bad experience with some people from the group?
Quoting lenashark:

12thMom
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:44 PM

I gotta ask.  Were they white? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:04 PM
I really don't want to answer that question. No matter what race was THAT particular mother, I've heard some very disturbing things said about POs from White and Black people.

Quoting 12thMom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
This particular pole officer wanted to make a contact, he wanted to "play/talk" to with little boy, but the mother wouldn't let him. Not his fault, her fault in this situation.

Quoting lenashark:

I knew a Holocaust survivor, lost her whole family including her child and barely made it out herself, who didn't like Germans and refused to buy a German car. Was she correct in her actions? No. But did she have a reason that I can understand? Yes. I know people who have grown up where their only interaction with a police officer was seeing them pull over their father over and over when he did nothing wrong, just for the way he looked or when they raided his house as a little boy and held his family at gunpoint while they searched for something that wasn't there or when they arrested a family member and hauled them off or when there sister was raped and the officers laughed at her or when they were being glarred at and watched for just walking down the street. So yes, they don't like police officers. Do I think they are right? Of course not, I highly respect officers, but they still have their reasons. Does their experience mean that all police officers are bad, of course not, just most Germans weren't Nazis, but they formed an association and that was what they grew up being taught. Police officers need to do more to engage with their community and be seen as a protective prescence, not a power looming over them. That includes the good ones.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Valid reason to dislike police officers? What reason is that? Does one know ALL police officers out there, to have a reason to dislike all of them?

Would I be justified to dislike one particular race, or religion base of my bad experience with some people from the group?

Quoting lenashark:

12thMom
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

They were black.  Figures.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I really don't want to answer that question. No matter what race was THAT particular mother, I've heard some very disturbing things said about POs from White and Black people.
Quoting 12thMom:

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:09 PM

Because it is really hard to brainwash someone into thinking a group is the enemy, if they are allowed to see with their own eyes that the group is not the one with evil intentions.

Schauseil
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have done the same thing. I wouldn't have cussed, but I do teach my child to avoid police officers unless they are 100% necessary and how to act like the most polite conpliant idiot in the world if he does encounter one. Im sorry but in my experience they are constantly trying to find something to write you up for and harrassing people, its better to just avoid them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)