• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doctor or wait it out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Mobile Photo

Last night, I was playing softball and took a really hard line drive to my shin. It immediately bruised swelled, and got tingly. After a few minutes it went numb. Today it is still numb to the touch. If you press on it, there's a burning sensation. It is warm to the touch as well. Still slightly swollen. I'm trying to decide if I should wait it out a couple days or just go to the doctor as soon as possible. I'm a teacher so going to have the nurse look at it tomorrow and see what she thinks but thought I'd ask here as well for some opinions.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:01 PM
Yikes!!! At the very least prompt care!!!
Maime13
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:04 PM

If it was me, I'd wait it out. I've taken many a skate to the shin and gotten many nasty goose eggs. It's crazy how much a hit there can hurt!

brvdsmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 12:53 AM
My husband took a hit in soccer and developed a red lump like that, turns out even though it didn't break the skin it was infected internally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2016 at 10:28 AM

Mobile Photo

I'm a teacher and had the school nurse check it out to see if she thought I needed to have a dr look at it. She said it looks like a very deep bruise and to wrap it tight, keep it elevated as much as possible and ice it on and off. She told me to watch for streaking which is a sign of infection. She's gonna check it again Monday. She doesn't think it's fractured or anything because I can walk on it with little pain. It's looking a lot better now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)