• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe this does make me a bad mom, but I don't see it that way

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this
According to my worthless, non child support paying, here today gone tomorrow father of my child, I am a bad mom because right now I am working 2 jobs. My dumb butt ended up in a financial situation where I was relying on child support, along with my weekly paychecks, to take care of myself and DD. I know my stupidity. Well that bit me in the ass when he stopped working back in January, and child support stopped. Yes yes I know, that was my own fault. Tax season got us through a few months, during which time I was job hunting, and trying to advance myself at my current job so either way I could make more money. Obviously tax money ran out, so I did what any smart, determined person would do. I got a second job, which meant working 7 days a week, and needing to find weekend sitters for DD. I am so very thankful to every single person who has watched DD while I've worked. I got a raise at my full time job this month which meant I could stop working two jobs at the end of the summer because I could afford to pay bills, and save a little. Well contastropht struck, and my engine blew in my car. I have horrible credit so no way could I afford to buy a used car without having an insane interest rate which would leave me paying more for interest than the actual car so now I'm out $3500 to replace the engine in my car. I can put it on my ar account at work, and make monthly payments without any interest, but that will eat up most of my raise so I have to keep the second job, at least until tax time.

I posted on Facebook tonight about needing a sitter one day this weekend, like I always do if I don't have any one lined up. After 2 and 1/2 months of me doing this my ex messages me, and proceeds to tell me how horrible of a mom I am for dumping DD on other people all of the time. That it's my job to take care of her, not other people. If I could reach through the internet and give some one a "you're an idiot" smack, I would have done it then. I decided to just not respond, but I wanted to tell him off so bad. Oh and no he will not even watch his own child while I work either, much less give even $1 for support for her.

Ok vent over. Thanks for "listening".
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:45 PM
He is an idiot and none of the dumb things he says should even be considered.

((Hugs)) keep up the good work, momma.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:45 PM
You did the right thing by not responding. Don't stoop to his level!
If he were really concerned about your DD's well-being he would have offered to watch her or better yet--pay child support! He just wants to make you feel bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:47 PM
Thank you.

Quoting ShaMac: He is an idiot and none of the dumb things he says should even be considered.

SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Considering he won't step up to be a father you shouldn't worry about his opinion or he has to say about how you're raising your daughter.

ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:49 PM
Ignore him and remember that he is a worm. Keep working on you and doing what needs to be done. It'll get easier eventually.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you.

Quoting ShaMac: He is an idiot and none of the dumb things he says should even be considered.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:49 PM

How hard was it not to laugh in his face?

Just block him.he wouldn't k ow a good parent if it hit him in the balls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I know. Whenever things go wrong in his life, he pulls crap like this. When I had tried to talk to him a few months back about maybe paying $50 a week towards child support. He refused, and basically told me that I make stupid choices in terms of jobs, and needing the child support was not his problem. That was the end of that. I filed a complaint for nonpayment, and it's in the state's hands now.

Quoting KeepOnTryin: You did the right thing by not responding. Don't stoop to his level!
If he were really concerned about your DD's well-being he would have offered to watch her or better yet--pay child support! He just wants to make you feel bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:51 PM
Oh I agree with you which is why I didn't respond. I still wanted to idiot smack him though. With a cinder block. Lol.

Quoting SitaStJames:

Considering he won't step up to be a father you shouldn't worry about his opinion or he has to say about how you're raising your daughter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:51 PM
Thank you.

Quoting ShaMac: Ignore him and remember that he is a worm. Keep working on you and doing what needs to be done. It'll get easier eventually.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I was laughing my ass off at the message, believe me. He definitely would not.

Quoting Elyce225:
How hard was it not to laugh in his face?

Just block him.he wouldn't k ow a good parent if it hit him in the balls.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)