Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this the last weekend before your child (ren) go to school?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:00 PM
  • 75 Replies

Mine go back on Tuesday.

I have butterflies because I hate that they are going back. I'm one of those parents that enjoy all of my children being home all day. I really really don't want them to go back :(

Did you have a fun summer? Doing anything extra special the last weekend before school? Crying yourself to sleep for the next four days *shifty eyes*?
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boredhousewif83
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:02 PM
Friday will make 3 full weeks that my children have been back in school. We had a fun Summer but we were ready to get back into a routine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:04 PM
They go back on Monday. I'm off with them most of the summer (I went back this past Tuesday). They're teens, so they're not home much and when they are, they're mouthy :). We had a busy summer full of vacations, reunions, camps, and rest. My nephews and sister are coming for the weekend. I have not seen them since June. We're super excited about that.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Oh wow that is early.

When did they get out of school?

When I was in school we'd go back right after labor day. I hate that they don't do that here.

Quoting boredhousewif83: Friday will make 3 full weeks that my children have been back in school. We had a fun Summer but we were ready to get back into a routine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM
No. They started school August 17.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Nope. Mine DS goes back two weeks from tomorrow. 

We had a decent summer. He did some fun camps, we went to visit my family. Nothing too profound. DH and I work full time so it doesn't really change how much we see him. Plus he's 12, so he doesn't exactly want to be hanging on our every word every second of the day, either. lol

rhope4
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Ours start Monday. My youngest will be a senior! Where has the time gone??
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM

It's so nice that you get summers off.

Have fun!

Quoting Anonymous 1: They go back on Monday. I'm off with them most of the summer (I went back this past Tuesday). They're teens, so they're not home much and when they are, they're mouthy :). We had a busy summer full of vacations, reunions, camps, and rest. My nephews and sister are coming for the weekend. I have not seen them since June. We're super excited about that.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Mine went back last week. It was a short summer, literally.
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Mine have one more weekend after this one. We have a MiLB game to go to where my 3 year old's tee ball team is being recognized tomorrow evening, a pool party Saturday evening, and I have some heavy cleaning that has to be done Sunday (we've had to replace 2 major appliances and DH sprained his ankle so the old stuff is still in my kitchen pushed to the side, one of his friends is coming to help me get it out of the house). Next weekend is Open House at school on Friday and my 3 year old's fourth birthday and party on Saturday.
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:06 PM
School started July 25 here. We are year round.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)