Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smiling while facing death

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
A few years ago, DH's friends wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is so charismatic, always smiling, and incredibly strong. Even while fighting cancer, she was happy go lucky, lighting every room with her smiles. I was shocked to see her cheerful disposition! Being the trooper that she is, she beat breast cancer! Cancer free for just over a year!

She had a routine follow up appointment recently. She's been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and given 6-12 months to live.

This poor family! She is the mother of 3, sm of 2. Her youngest isn't even a year old yet! Her baby will never know her mom! She will not see her 15 yo ds graduate. Her 11 yo either. My heart is just broken for this family!

Even with all of this, we see her and she's all smiles. Happy and pleasant as ever. Posting silly family pics on fb, cracking jokes, and infecting all with her smiles. I wish I had an ounce of her grace. Just amazing.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:12 PM

Oh wow. My heart breaks for her and for those precious children. 

We just went through this with DHs mother. She was diagnosed 1 year ago and given 3 months to live- she lived 3 weeks. The week they sent her home she was smiling and laughing and rarely let us see the tears.  I would hope that I would retain that kind of dignity and grace at the end. 

Allnamesareused
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:13 PM
How tragic. She sounds like a wonderful lady.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:49 PM
I'll pray and I beg she makes a recovery some
Type of miracle

My aunt had viginal cancer... I guess only 200-500 people have had it there isn't even a cemo for it, no matter the pain and agony she laughed and smiled until the day she passed...

She was strong she did donate her body to science so maybe they can figure it out... Even in death she's working to save lives and make lives better :(
Mrs.standafer
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:56 PM
I am pregnant and sitting here balling my eyes out with this post. I feel so bad for that family. I can only hope if I am ever faced with anything half that horrible that I could have asked much grace as her.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:57 PM
My aunt was the same way. She kept everyone positive throughout her battle. She kept a smile on her face despite her obvious pain. I'm sorry for what your friend is going through.
A.J.s_mommy
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 10:58 PM
How sad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)