Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carrots again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
This is the second night dd just wanted carrots for dinner. She likes everything I cooked. Yet she's sitting there eating a carrot instead. She eats well all day long but occasionally at dinner she's just not interested.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:24 PM
Some kids are like that my ds isn't a big lunch guy. Half a sandwich, some chips or crackers or fruit, a drink and that's it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:27 PM
True. She eats more at breakfast but usually she eats dinner too. Sometimes she doesn't though.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Some kids are like that my ds isn't a big lunch guy. Half a sandwich, some chips or crackers or fruit, a drink and that's it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:43 PM
And now raw corn on he cob.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:45 PM

Is it hot out? It was so hot today that we all ate a light breakfast, no lunch and sandwiches for dinner. No one wants to eat lol. And I have teenagers. Normally they are eating nonstop. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:47 PM
Good point. It is hot out. Like triple digits hot. She's 4 and usually eats plenty. Like as much as 2 "normal" kids.

Quoting sheramom4:

Is it hot out? It was so hot today that we all ate a light breakfast, no lunch and sandwiches for dinner. No one wants to eat lol. And I have teenagers. Normally they are eating nonstop. 

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:51 PM

I would tell her no, she eats what I cook. 

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:53 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good point. It is hot out. Like triple digits hot. She's 4 and usually eats plenty. Like as much as 2 "normal" kids.
Quoting sheramom4:

It was triple digits here as well. My youngest is 13 and I basically ordered her to eat something. She had a sandwich and ice cream. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:55 PM
She chose veggies instead. Not like she wanted straight junk. Although carrots and corn aren't the best veggies ever, she normally eats dark greens no problem.

Quoting lenashark:

I would tell her no, she eats what I cook. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:59 PM
I don't worry about them eating dinner as much as breakfast. The rest of the family had seconds though. Usually whichever one somehow isn't in the middle of a growth spurt just doesn't eat for a few days though.

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good point. It is hot out. Like triple digits hot. She's 4 and usually eats plenty. Like as much as 2 "normal" kids.

Quoting sheramom4:

It was triple digits here as well. My youngest is 13 and I basically ordered her to eat something. She had a sandwich and ice cream. 

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 12:02 AM
It's ok to have a light dinner, if you've eaten well the rest of the day.
And, she chose carrots, so...lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)