Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why so much disdain against step parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
3 moms liked this
I see it more with step mother than step fathers. I don't understand it. Imo, if you marry someone with children that child becomes your child as well. No I am not a sm. I am a bio mother and my dh is a SD. He has has raised and loved my child. My child calls his daddy. He is allowed to do anything I am allowed to do. Love her. Discipline her because in our eyes and the eyes of dd he is her dad and always will be. There is nothing wrong with having more people to love your child and instill values and morals. Blended families aren't bad when it is done right.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Why so much disdain for bio parents? Depending on the day the hate goes either way on here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I see more bashing towards sp then bp though

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why so much disdain for bio parents? Depending on the day the hate goes either way on here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:40 PM

BINGO

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why so much disdain for bio parents? Depending on the day the hate goes either way on here

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Most people think step parents are fine. Crazy as fuck step parents who are delusional about their actual rights or overstep and think they overrule an involved parent are not fine.

Most people think bio parents are fine. Crazy as fuck bio parents who try to intrude on the other parent's life or try to interfere witht their relationships are not fine.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:42 PM

Drama sells formula and butt paste.  It's all about the Benjamins.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:43 PM

Probably because many of those women were the mistress before they were the SM.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
It's equal, bio mom has golden uterus syndrome and jealousy issue, step mom is a warm hole and has no place in a kids life. The insults go to either whoever is acting crazier or if it's just sm/bm bashing day.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I see more bashing towards sp then bp though

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:44 PM
Where is your child's biological father?

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:45 PM
It depends on the family. I was born into a blended a family. Until I was born my mom loves and raised her step kids as if they were hers. I also have step parents. And I'm a step mom. My step mom was not very active in my life, and that's on my dad. My step dad is my dad for all intents and purposes. My step dd lives in another state. I don't love her, at all. I like her she's a very pleasant smart well mannered young woman.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Why is that important

Quoting Anonymous 4: Where is your child's biological father?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)