Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeah I don't think so!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My exdh and I have been divorced for 3 years...when we divorced we sold our house and split the money and each bought houses that fit our kids...
We have 2 a boy 13 and a girl 9...the kids have always had their own rooms at each parents house...
Well exdh has been seeing a woman for about a year now and have decided to move in together not a big deal except she expects her kids to take over my kids bedrooms and for my kids to share the "game room" since they are only there every other weekend, every Wed, and during certain school vacation, holidays and some of the summer...

When exdh first said this and asked what I thought..I laughed and said I didn't think it was fair for our kids to give up their rooms that they not only picked out, but decorated themselves over the past three years...

Her kids are 15 dd, 10 ds and 6 ds. I told him her dd needed to take the "game room" and he needed to give up his office to her two boys, but that our children shouldn't be made to give up their rooms in their home to her kids...

Edit...she does not have her kids full time she has them for two weeks then her ex has them for a week, plus every off weekends (he has them about 3 weekends a month,) they split all schools vacation, holidays and summer vacation
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:57 AM

Although he did ask, he doesn't have to do it that way.   Good luck...  I forsee a lot of hard feelings coming from your kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:58 AM
If her kids will be there living full time, I see no reason to have bedrooms going unused most of the time. Arrangements change when people move in together. It will be their home too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Your right he doesn't, but he is usually pretty good about taking my opinion into his decisions and that's why he asked me...I did also tell him by making the our kids give up their rooms that he was going to make them angry and upset and that he needed to sit down and talk to them and get their thoughts on such a big decision like this

Quoting jas_momof2:

Although he did ask, he doesn't have to do it that way.   Good luck...  I forsee a lot of hard feelings coming from your kids.

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:05 AM

Unfortunately you really won't get a say, and it will be up to you to be an adult and help your children through this change.  As someone else said, it doesn't make any sense to have bedrooms unused for the majority of the time.  Growing and sharing and changing.  It's part of life.

TheRaz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:09 AM
Actually your idea looks like it makes the most sense....

Does he need his office for work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:09 AM

Full timers need the room not part timers. Sorry but your kids will have your rooms full time. I don't agree they should share a room but they can roll a bed into the rooms by far. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:10 AM
Yes, but those bedrooms were picked out by my kids before the house was even bought, he took the kids out house hunting with him and they chose the house together and my dd fell in love with this room because it has a built in sitting area that opens up to store her extra blankets under the Windows and a built in book shelf next to it....she has a canopy bed that was bought special for her 8th birthday...if our kids had to share a room she would loose all that and be made to share a bunk bed...my ds would also be made to give up his room that has a small deck off of it and his full size specially made bed that my ex made him

It not right for our kids to give all that up to accommodate her kids when that house was bought for them.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If her kids will be there living full time, I see no reason to have bedrooms going unused most of the time. Arrangements change when people move in together. It will be their home too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:14 AM
They can't just roll a bed into another room..my dd has a beautiful canopy bed that was bought special for her and ds has a custom built bed that my ex built him...neither bed will fit into the other rooms...

Second her kids are not full time she has them for 2 weeks then her ex has them 1 week plus on the off weekends and they split summer, school vacation and all holidays

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Full timers need the room not part timers. Sorry but your kids will have your rooms full time. I don't agree they should share a room but they can roll a bed into the rooms by far. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:16 AM
You get zero say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:16 AM
First it is great that he asked your opinion about this matter. Do you two co-parent peacefully?

Second, he definitely should talk to the kids about what they would like to do and see if they can help to come up with a solution to the situation.

Additionally, since it sounds like his new woman is going to be around a long time and might turn out to be disruptive to what you two have established already, it might be good to suggest co-parent classes for all 3 adults to participate in.

Finally, they might eventually need to sell that house and buy a bigger house down the road.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)